Plain paratha is yummy triangle shaped Indian flat-bread made of whole-wheat flour. There are various types of parathas that one can prepare like aloo paratha, gobi paratha, paneer paratha……
This is the basic plain paratha recipe.
Whole wheat flour – 2 cup
Oil or Ghee(Clarified butter) for shallow fry
Oil for dough – 2 tbsp
Water as needed
Salt to taste
1. Take flour in a bowl. Add oil and salt. Mix it very well.
2. Add water as needed and knead the smooth and soft dough like chapati dough. Apply little oil over dough. Cover with a clean muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Divide it into 9 to 10 equal balls. Flatten it like roti. Spread some ghee or oil and dust flour on top surface and fold it into half-circle. Again, spread oil or ghee and sprinkle flour on it and again fold into a triangle shape.
4. Dust flour on rolling board and roll it out into triangle paratha.
5. Cook on a hot tava or skillet using a little ghee, until both sides are golden brown.
6. Plain Paratha is ready to serve.
Serve it with any Curry you like.