Palak Paneer is one of the most popular Indian Paneer recipe. Palak Paneer is basically soft paneer / cottage cheese cubes cooked in a mildly spiced spinach gravy. I have tried Palak Paneer many times. But every time the major problem was(And I know faced by many) the change of color. But finally with one trick I nailed it. so now on say bye bye to that brownish looking Palak paneer and say hello to this gorgeous green color.
To get the restaurant style taste and gravy, I used cream and cashews. So here I am presenting Luscious green in color, Impressive, Super smooth and silky texture and delicious Palak Paneer recipe. 🙂
This recipe can be made without onion and garlic. So Jain folks please ignore onion and garlic in the recipe.
I also make Dahiwale Palak Paneer, which has Dahi / Curd in it.
Chopped Palak / Spinach – 4 cups or bog bunch
Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Small Garlic cloves – 8 to 10
Green chilies – 2 (according to your spice level)
Cashew – 7 to 8 pieces
Ginger – 1 inch
Turmeric powder – a very small pinch
Chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Heavy cream – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Paneer – 250 grams
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/yIhs_rNYRDc”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. In a large pot steam Palak in a cup of water for about 5 minutes. Add few drops of lemon. Lemon helps in retaining the green color.
2. Once steamed, put the palak in a bowl full of ice and water. Please dont throw away left over water(Water in which we steam the spinach). It can be used to cook this curry.
3. Take palak out from the ice water after 1 min. Puree the palak into the blender. Keep it aside.
4. Into a blender jar, tale onion, ginger, garlic, cashews and green chilies. Make a fine paste using little bit water.
5. Heat Ghee into a pan, add onion, ginger, garlic, cashews and green chili paste. Saute it for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Add salt and stir well.
6. Add palak puree. Mix well. Add pinch of turmeric powder, chili powder and garam masala. Stir well and let it cook for 2 mins.
7. Add heavy cream. Mix it and switch off the flame. Dont cook for long. Add Paneer cubes. Mix it.
8. Palak Paneer is ready to eat. Serve it with Naan, Roti or rice.