Paneer Kulcha Is stuffed with paneer and its very easy to prepare at home. We stuff the Kulcha with paneer filling and filling itself is very simple and easy to prepare. Traditionally Kulcha made in the tandoor. I made it in the oven. You can also make this on stove top. It is fluffy, soft from inside and crispy from outside. These I assure you will be a hit in any dinner party. You can serve this Paneer Kulcha with Chhole Or can be served with curd. The dough is for 12 kulchas. And the stuffing is for 8 Kulcha. I made pizza next day out the remaining dough.
For Dough (12 Kulcha)
All Purpose flour / Maida – 4 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Active dry yeast – 2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Warm milk – 2 cups
For Stuffing (8 balls)
Grated Paneer – 2 cups
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Chopped green chilies – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Chaat masala – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped onion – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / maida for rolling the Kulcha
1. Take warm milk in a bowl. Add oil, Yeast and sugar into the bowl. Mix well, cover it and keep it in warm place for 10 minutes until foamy.
2. In a big mixing bowl, take flour and salt. Mix them well. Add foamy milk mixture and knead a soft dough. Knead the dough for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Grease a bowl and place the dough. Apply some oil. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it ferment for an hour. After an hour you will see the dough has doubled in size.
1. Take all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them well and divide into 8 equal size balls. Keep it aside.
Let’s make Paneer Kulcha
Preheat the oven at 400 degree F (200 degree C)
1. Take out the dough onto the working surface. Knead the dough once with help of little bit flour. Divide them into equal size balls.
2. Take one ball and gently press it out a bit. Place prepared stuffing ball in the middle and close it into a ball. Press it little bit and keep it aside for 10 minutes. do the same process with rest of the balls.
3. After 10 minutes, take one paneer stuffed ball and spread the dough using your finger or rolling pin in to a thick paratha.
4. Place it on a greased baking sheet. Bake it in preheated oven at 400 degree F (200 degree C) for about 10 minutes or until top is light brown in color.
5. Remove from the oven and apply butter on top.