Methi / Fenugreek leaves is very healthy. They are rich in antioxidant, iron and also good source of fiber. It is beneficial to diabetic patients. In short, methi leaves has numerous health benefits which can help in overall health. Methi leaves is very easy to grow. You can easily grow methi leaves in your balcony.
Same like methi, Palak / Spinach is also very nutritious. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. Palak / Spinach is perhaps the most amazing green vegetables.
Today I thought of making Paratha using this both Methi and Palak, full of nutritious value. Named it as Methi Palak Paratha. This is very yummy. Once you try Methi Palak Paratha, you will make it again and again. Make it for breakfast, kids tiffin or light lunch or dinner. Serve it with curd or raita. This Paratha taste delicious hot as well as cold. The punch in the Paratha comes from the garlic. Methi, Spinach and garlic goes very well with each other.
This recipe will make 10 to 12 parathas
Methi / Fenugreek leaves – 3 cups
Spinach / Palak – 4 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds(Jeera) – 1 tsp
Ginger-Chili paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Amchur powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Besan / Chickpea flour – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For Paratha Dough
Whole wheat flour – 3 cup
Oil or Ghee(Clarified butter) for shallow fry
Oil for dough – 2 tbsp
Water as needed
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, garlic, ginger-chili paste and saute it for few seconds.
2. Add chopped onion. Saute onion for 1 minute.
3. Add Chopped spinach and Chopped methi leaves, mix them very well. Let them cook for 5 minutes over medium to low heat.
4. Add salt, garam masala, amchur powder and besan, mix them well. Besan will absorb all the water. Let it cook for another 2 more minutes over medium heat.
5. Let the mixture cools down completely.
For Paratha dough
1. Take flour in a bowl. Add oil and salt. Mix it very well.
2. Add water as needed and knead the smooth and soft dough like chapati dough. Apply little oil over dough. Cover with a clean muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 20 equal parts.
Let’s make Methi Palak Paratha
1. Take one portion of dough ball. Roll it thinly like chapati / roti using some flour. Keep it aside. Same way roll another one chapati / roti. Keep it aside.
2. Now take one rolled Roti, spread spoon full of the methi – spinach mixture evenly. Apply some water on the edges of the roti. Now cover this with another rolled roti and press the edges. Now again roll the paratha little bit to make it even. Do the same process with the rest of the dough balls.
3. Heat tava / griddle on a medium heat. Place the rolled paratha on tava.
4. Cook on a hot tava or skillet using a little ghee, until both sides are golden brown.
5. Your Methi Palak Paratha is ready. Serve it with Dahi, Raita or tomato ketchup.