Continuing my love for paneer with this delicious Reshmi Kaju Paneer. This Punjabi curry is very rich, creamy and lip-smacking. Being a vegetarian, I always look for a protein-rich meal. Paneer is a great source of protein.
The gravy in this curry is made with tomatoes, ginger, onion, red chili, garlic, cashew and whole garam masala. It is very aromatic butter based gravy. And the best part is, this gravy is made in pressure cooker!!! So easy and quick. I have been using this gravy recipe for many years now. Reshmi means silky, and this gravy is very creamy and silky smooth. That’s why i have given this curry name as RESHMI KAJU PANEER. I have added Cashews in this curry as well. It gives very nice crunch.
Whole garam masala
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom – 3
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 2″
Kashmiri Whole Red chili – 5
Ginger – 1″
Garlic – 5 cloves
salt to taste
Butter – 1/4 cup
Onion – 2 cup
Tomato – 4 cup
Green chili – 3
Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Cashew nut – 7 to 10 for gravy
Watermelon seeds(magaj tari seeds) – 2 tsp
Paneer – 2 cups cube
Cashew nuts – 1 cup
1. Soak 1 cup cashew nuts in 1 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat butter in a pressure cooker. Let it melt. Add all whole garam masala. Add garlic, ginger, green chili, onion, tomatoes, Cashew nuts and watermelon seeds. Saute it for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Close the pressure cooker lid. Cook it until 2-3 Whistles.
3. Let the pressure cooker cool down, open the lid and put all mixture into mixer grinder. Blend it very well. Make a paste and strain it using strainer.
4. Take strained paste in a pan. Season it with salt and kasuri methi. Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes over a medium to low heat.
5. Once it comes to a boil add sugar and heavy whipping cream.
6. Add soaked cashew and paneer. Mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.