Lasooni Palak Paneer is made with loads of garlic. Garlic is known as lasoon or lehsun in India. Lasooni Palak Paneer is full of Iron, Fiber, Protein, Nutritious and it keeps you healthy. Garlic has great health benefits. It helps in lowering down cholesterol and builds immunity. Spinach we all know is great with Iron and folic acid. Paneer is great with protein and calcium. This curry is totally different than regular Palak Paneer. Lasooni Palak Paneer is very flavorful. All I want to say is, try this tasty, healthy and simple recipe.
Finely chopped Palak / Spinach – 2 cups
Paneer cube – 2 cup
Roughly chopped tomatoes – 3 medium
Roughly chopped onion – 1 medium
Garlic cloves – 15 big cloves
Ginger – 1″
Roughly chopped Green chilies – 2
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Pinch of Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Curd / Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Butter – 3 tbsp (1 tbsp for palak+1 for paneer +1 for gravy)
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add paneer cubes and saute them for 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown in color over a medium to low heat. Take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
2. In a same pan, heat 1 tbsp butter. Add spinach and saute it for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Keep it aside.
3. In another pan, heat 1 tbsp butter. Add garlic cloves and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes. Add Ginger and green chilies, Saute them for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add Roughly chopped onion and cook it for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes or until they lose raw smell.
4. Take this mixture into a blender and grind it into a smooth paste using little water.
5. Take this gravy into a pan. Add Chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Cook them for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk, yogurt/curd, Kasuri methi, Sautéed palak/spinach and sautéed paneer. Mix them very well. Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Adjust the gravy consistency according to your preference. You can also add heavy cream at this point.
Note :- I am Garlic lover, so I have added more garlic. You can Add / Less Garlic according to your taste and preference.