Paneer Pasanda is a rich Punjabi preparation. This has paneer sandwiches, which is filled with mashed paneer, cashews, raisin, mint, coriander and some spices. Usually the Stuffed paneer are deep fried, but I grilled them. It is served in rich tomato and onion based gravy. This dish is rich in protein. Paneer Pasanda tastes best when eaten with Naan, kulcha or Paratha.
Serves 4 to 5
Oil or Butter – 3 tbsp
Dried red whole chili – 2
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Cloves – 3
Tej patta – 1
Cardamom – 1
Garlic cloves – 5
Ginger – 1 inch
Roughly chopped onion – 1 medium
Roughly chopped tomatoes – 6 medium size
Cashew – 7 to 8 peices
Salt to taste
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Cream – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 2 tsp (or as per sourness of tomatoes)
For paneer sandwiches
Paneer – 250 gms sliced into two equal size just like bread slice
Crumbled paneer – 3 tbsp
Mint leaves – 1 tbsp
Coriander chopped – 3 tbsp
Chopped Raisins – 1 tbsp
Chopped Cashew – 1 tbsp
Chaat Masala – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Maida / All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
Salt to tate
Chopped Coriander for garnishing
For paneer sandwiches
1. Take crumbled paneer, cilantro, mint, cashews, raisins, salt and chaat masala into big mixing bowl. Mix them well.
2. Take slices of paneer. Spread prepared mixture over one slice of paneer and cover it with another paneer slice. Cut them into square.
3. Mix corn flour and maida. Add salt. Make a thick paste using 1/2 cup water.
4. Dip the Paneer sandwiches in the batter and grill them until lightly golden. You can deep fry or shallow fry them also. Drain them on absorbent paper.
5. Your paneer sandwiches are ready. keep them aside.
1. Heat oil or butter in a pan. Saute Whole garam masala (Cinnamon stick, Cloves, cardamom, dried red chili, tej patta and cumin seeds) for 1 to minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Saute them for few seconds.
2. Add tomatoes, onion and cashews. Cook them for 10 minutes over medium to high heat.
3. Blend this mixture into a blender and sieve it using strainer.
4. Take this gravy into nonstick pan. Switch on the flame. Add salt, Kasuri methi and cream. Cook it for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add paneer sandwiches into this gravy and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Garnish it with grated paneer and coriander.
Note :- If you want gravy more spicy, add chili powder.