Hariyali Aloo Paneer is a very good combination of sauted Potatoes and creamy paneer served with healthy green gravy made out of spinach and coriander. It can be served with phulkas or paratha. This curry is one of my families favorite. It is very flavorful and easy to make. Hariyali Aloo Paneer turns out tangy and spicy.
Spinach – 2 cups chopped
Cilantro / Coriander – 1 cup chopped
Tomatoes – 1 cup chopped
Onion – 1/2 cup Chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves chopped
Ginger – 1 inch chopped
Green chili – 4 chopped
Potatoes – 2 cups chopped
Cube Paneer – 1 cup
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Heavy cream – 1 tbsp
Butter – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1. Boil 3 cups of water. Add all the ingredients of gravy into the boiling water. Cook them for 10 minutes over medium flame. Let it cools down. Take it into blender jar and make smooth pure.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter. Saute chopped potatoes until light golden brown and tender. Stir occasionally. Take it out in a plate and keep it aside.
3. In same pan, again heat 1 tbsp butter and saute paneer until light brown in color. Stir occasionally. Take it out and keep it aside.
4. In another pan heat remaining 1 tbsp butter. Add Cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Add prepared spinach and tomato based gravy. Cook it for 5 minutes over the medium heat. Add Garam Masala and salt to taste.
5. Add Sauted paneer and potatoes. Mix well. Cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add heavy cream and mix well. Switch off the flame.