Methi Corn Malai is cooked in a mild and rich curry. Methi Corn Malai / Methi Makai Malai or Corn Methiwala is a very popular North Indian style curry. This curry is slightly sweet in taste. This recipe is a sure shot winner recipe. Its creamy, smooth, delicious and healthy with the corn and Methi. This recipe of Methi Corn Malai can be made under 30 minutes.
This Methi Corn Malai recipe is good for kids too, especially if you want to feed them Methi / fenugreek leaves. There is no bitterness, because of the presence of cream, onion and cashews.I Prefer to use fresh fenugreek leaves. But you can use dried kasoori methi to make this. Just soak kasuri methi in water for 10 minutes and add it into the gravy. I used frozen corn to make this recipe, but you may use fresh corn. Just boil them and add it into the gravy.
For Jain – Please avoid Garlic, Ginger and onion. Add 5 to 7 more cashews instead.
Chopped Methi / Fenugreek Leaves – 1 1/2 cups
Frozen Corn – 1 1/2 cup
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
Whole milk – 1/2 cup
Cashew – 20 pieces
Onion chopped – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 3 cloves
Green chili – 1 chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch chopped
Salt to taste
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp (Optional)
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Video recipe of Methi Corn Malai
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/0xv4_fb9L18″]
1. In a pan, boil onion, cashew, green chili, ginger and garlic using 1 glass of water. Boil it for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Let it cool down and grind it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
3. In another pan, heat ghee. Add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
4. Add Chopped methi / Fenugreek leaves. Stir well. Add corn and salt. Let them cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Add prepared cashew paste and a cup of water. Mix well. Add cream and milk. Cook it for 5 minutes over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally.
6. Add garam masala and sugar. Cook it for 2 more minutes and switch off the flame.
7. Methi Corn Malai is ready. Enjoy!!!
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]