Shahi Paneer Kofta curry is one of the most delicious curries you will ever come across. It is very rich and creamy. As the name implies, this Shahi Paneer Kofta curry uses all the shahi ingredients like paneer, Khoya, dry fruits, saffron and cream. This curry sounds very difficult to make but it’s not at all.
To make it more simple, I have divided the cooking instructions in the 3 steps. First for making Kofta, second for making Gravy and Third to assemble them. The best part is you can split the cooking process for two days by preparing the gravy on one daay and making the koftas on the next day. If you have party, just prepare the kofta and gravy a day before the party day and just assemble them on the party day.
This Shahi Paneer Kofta is very rich dish. Dont feel guity about eating this koftas. After all its not every day that you cook such rich food. I made this Shahi Paneer Kofta in the Appe Pan. But you can deep fry them too. But believe me there is no need to deep fry them. It tastes so good without deep frying them. This curry is little bit sweet, little sour and little bit spicy.
For Jain – Skip Onion, Garlic and Ginger. Add 10 more cashews while making gravy.
For Paneer Kofta
Grated Paneer – 1 1/2 cup
Bread slices – 3
Salt to taste
Green chili paste – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
For Kofta stuffing
Khoya / Mawa – 1/3 cup
Chopped Mixed Dry fruits (Cashew, Raisin, Almonds) – 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Tomatos – 2 cups
Chopped onion – 1cup
Garlic cloves – 5 to 6
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Cashews – 20
Red dried chilies – 3
Butter – 2 tbsp
Kitchen king masala – 1tbsp
Red chili powder – 1tsp
Khoya / Mawa – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Heavy cream – 2 tbsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
Some cilantro and some grated paneer for garnishing
1. Crush the bread slices into blender. Keep it aside.
2. Take a big mixing bowl. Add grated paneer, crushed bread, green chili paste, salt and garam masala. Mix the well. Divide them into 15 to 16 parts. Make round balls. Keep them aside
For Kofta stuffing
3. Mix all the ingredients of stuffing in a ball and divide them into 15 to 16 equal portions and make balls.
4. Now stuff the Khoya / Mawa balls into the paneer balls and then make them into tight round koftas.
5. Heat Appe pan over medium to heat. Apply some oil. Place the Shahi Paneer Koftas and cook until light golden brown color from all the sides. Keep them aside.
6. Take tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, cashews and red dry whole chilies into a pan. Add 2 cups of water and cook them for 15 minutes over medium to high heat.
7. Let them cools down little bit and Make a paste.
8. Heat butter in another pan. Add prepared gravy. Mix well. Let it cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir in between. Add water if gravy is very thick and is sticking to the bottom.
9. Add Chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, kitchen king masala, Khoya and kasuri methi. Mix them very well and cook it for 5 minutes over medium heat.
10. Add heavy cream. Stir well. Cook it for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Lets assemble them
11. At the time of serving, Heat gravy and add Paneer koftas. Let them cook together for about 5 minutes over medium heat.