No Knead bread is a method of bread baking that uses a very long fermentation time instead of kneading to form the gluten strands that give the bread its texture. This easy No Knead Bread is the perfect recipe if you want to try making bread but aren’t fully confident in your bread making skills.
Anyone can make this bread. It is so simple and requires only 4 ingredients and Dutch oven. This No Knead Bread might just be the very best bread I’ve ever baked. Seriously!! The taste is just amazing. Its slightly salty. I love the texture. Its super soft from inside and flaky crust from outside. The preparation is very simple. As in, you stir ingredients together, let them sit 18 hours or at least overnight and next day, you bake a loaf of bread.
Everyone who tastes this bread loves it. My favorite way to eat it is with a warm bowl of soup, with butter or dipped into a balsamic vinegar and olive oil. And from leftover bread, i make different types of sandwiches like, Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich, Creamy Beetroot And Sprouts Grilled Sandwich, and Veggie Grilled Sandwich.
All purpose flour – 3 cups
Active dry yeast – 1 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Warm water – 1 1/2 cups (Water must be warm, up to about 115 degrees – Very important)
Video recipe of No Knead Bread
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/RHBgNzVDmC8″]
1. In a small bowl, mix together the yeast with the sugar and warm water, set aside until the yeast is foamy and activated. It will take about 4 to5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, add flour and salt. Mix well.
3. Add water and yeast mixture. Using wooden spoon or back of your spatula mix everything to mix until the flour is incorporated with the water. You can use your hands to finish if it gets a little hard to mix. But don’t knead the dough, just mix it.
4. Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap and leave it somewhere undisturbed for about 18 hours. Make sure your bowl is big enough. The dough will rise.
5. After 18 hours, transfer the dough from the bowl onto a floured surface. Just pull it together onto a loose ball(as shown in the video). Cover it with a floured towel for about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven @450 degree F. Place a Dutch oven (I used 5.5 quart size) in the oven to preheat it as well.
7. Now carefully remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven. Remove the lid and Gently put the dough ball into the Dutch oven.
8. Sprinkle a light coating of flour over the top.
9. Take a sharp knife and slash the bread 2 to 3 times, making a cut about 1/2 inch deep. You can skip this step as well.
10. Put the lid on and pop it in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, on the middle rack, After 35 minutes remove the lid and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
11. Remove the loaf and let it cool on a rack before slicing. To keep it warm, cover with a towel. Enjoy Warm, crusty and soft No Knead Bread with warm cup of soup. Its a complete bliss. 🙂
1. If you don’t have Dutch oven, you can bake it on pizza stone or in cast iron as well. You don’t need to cover it. But keep an eye on it while baking the bread after 30 minutes.
Click Here Dutch oven
2. You can easily double and triple the quantity.