Veggie Grilled Sandwich is the very yummy and easy sandwich. It takes like 10 to 15 minutes of standing time in the kitchen. Take out veggies from the refrigerator, slice them up, heat a grill pan, drizzle the veggie with olive oil, place them on grill, meanwhile finish some other work, flip the veggies, apply pesto on the bread and lead up the veggies and cheese. Eat!!!!! That’s it. My family love this sandwich. This sandwich is perfect for the weekend. Grill your choice of vegetables. I have used Sour Dough Bread for this sandwich. It taste best. But sour Dough Bread is not easily available use French bread or regular bread. Instead of pesto you can apply Mint and Coriander Chutney or Mayonnaise.
Big eggplant / Baingun thinly sliced lengthwise – 1
Zucchini thinly sliced – 1
Yellow squash thinly sliced – 1
Sliced Portobello mushrooms – 3
Sliced length wise Bell pepper / Capsicum (any color) – 1
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour dough bread slice – 6 (Any kind of bread of your choice)
Olive oil for grilling the vegetables
Basil leaves – 1 cup
Crushed Roasted pine nuts or walnuts – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil – 5 tbsp
Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 1 clove
1. Take basil, crushed roasted pine nuts or walnuts, salt, garlic and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a blender or mortal and pestle.
2. Grind them. Add parmesan cheese and 3 tbsp remaining olive oil and mix them very well.
3. Your pesto is ready.
1. Drizzle the vegetables with some olive oil. Grill the vegetables for a few seconds on each side on the hot grill pan or electric grill until they gets grill marks and have softened.
2. Take 1 slice of bread. Apply pesto on bread and place a pieces of mozzarella cheese. Start layering of your grilled vegetables on top of the mozzarella, Sprinkle salt and pepper between each layer of grilled veggies and again top the vegetables with one more slice of cheese. Put the second slice of bread on top.
3. Brush the top and bottom part of the prepared sandwich with butter or olive oil and grill them either on the grill pan or in a Panini press until the cheese is fully melted and the outside is nice and crunchy.