Eggplant Parmesan is Italian cuisine. It is made with a shallow or deep fried slice of eggplant, layered with cheese and tomato or marinara sauce, then baked. Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich is tangy and cheesy. This is my favourite sandwich of all time. I used fresh homemade Marinara Sauce in this recipe. I have already shared recipe of Homemade Marinara Sauce.
I think you guys are going to LOVE this recipe! It’s:
Large eggplant – 1 or 600 gms
Marinara Sauce – 1 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for shallow fry
Sour dough bread slice or any bread slice (I used sour dough bread)
Corn flour – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / maida – 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs – 1 1/2 cup
Italian seasoning – 1tbsp
Parmesan cheese – 1 cup
Fresh Mozzarella cheese slice
1. Slice the eggplant.
2. In a plate mix the bread crumbs and Italian herbs. Keep it aside.
3. In another plate, mix all purpose flour and corn flour. Keep it aside.
4. Dip eggplant slice in flour. Then dip the eggplant slice in milk and again dip it in milk. Then dip the eggplant slice in bread crumbs., covering all surfaces and set aside. Continue breading the eggplant until all slices are done.
5. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to shallow fry the breaded eggplant slice. Cook for about a minute or two on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Continue cooking up the rest of the eggplant. Keep them aside.
6. Take a bread slice and place the cheese slices. Then place the 2 eggplant slices and sprinkle salt and pepper powder. Apply marinara sauce over eggplant slices followed by basil leaves. Finally sprinkle some parmesan cheese. Cover it with another slice of bread.
7. In a Panini maker or Grill tawa, place the Eggplant Parmesan sandwich and cook it until golden brown in color from both the sides and cheese melts.
8. Yummy Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich is ready.