Making Instant Pot Marinara Sauce at home from scratch is a breeze. Its preservative free, less oil and Much better than store bought.
What is Marinara Sauce?
Marinara Sauce is a tomato sauce made with tomatoes, Onion, garlic, and herbs. This simple Marinara Sauce is used in many Italian dishes.
This Italian Marinara Sauce recipe is –
Easy to make
Better than store-bought
and perfect for Pasta or Pizza night.
Homemade Marinara Sauce is amazing!! it is made with very basic pantry ingredients.
Why make Marinara Sauce At home?
It tastes fresh.
It’s made with classic and uncomplicated ingredients.
You get to control the flavors.
No added sugar
Gets ready in no time!
Simple, quick and easy Marinara Sauce is a staple of mine. I usually make batches of it and keep it in the freezer for quick meals and for quick lunch box for my son.
It saves lots of money and time.
Marinara Sauce Ingredients
I prefer using canned diced tomatoes to make this Instant Pot Marinara Sauce. On top of tomatoes, next comes garlic, onion, red pepper flacks, salt, Oregano, black pepper powder, good quality extra virgin olive oil, and fresh basil leaves.
Diced Tomatoes – I prefer to use San Marzano canned Diced tomatoes. You can use fresh tomatoes too.
Garlic – I always prefer to use fresh Garlic to make Marinara Sauce.
Fresh herbs – Use fresh basil for the best result. It keeps the sauce tasting fresh and light.
Black Pepper and Red crushed pepper – We like our marinara sauce spicy. You may adjust or skip these 2 ingredients.
This Instant Pot Marinara sauce looks smooth. Can it be made chunky?
We like smoother side marinara sauce that’s why I have used an immersion blender to make it smooth. But if you like chunky marinara, skip that step. 🙂
if you like extra smoother marinara sauce, you can make the sauce as directed, let it cool down completely, then pulse it in the blender until looks creamy.
How long Homemade Marinara Sauce stay good? Can we freeze Homemade Marinara Sauce?
It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to a week and up to 4 months in a freezer. This sauce is great for freezing.
Do give this Instant Pot Marinara Sauce a try. You can make this even without planning ahead, which is great for those busy weekdays.
Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot pasta recipes –
If you are looking for stove top marinara sauce recipe, Click Here.
Instant Pot Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz - Canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup - chopped onion (I prefer White onion)
- 2 teaspoon - Chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon - extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon - black crushed pepper
- 7 to 8 - Fresh Basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon - oregano
- 2 teaspoon red crushed pepper (Use according to your spice level)
- Turn on IP on saute mode, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute for 1 minute.
- Now add all remaining ingredients.
- Close the lid. Turn off IP from saute mode.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 10 minutes under high pressure.
- Once 10 minutes is done and IP beeps, turn off the Instant Pot. Let the pressure release naturally.
- When all the pressure released, open the lid.
- With the help of an immersion blender, crush it.
- Boil some spaghetti, Pour this Instant Pot Marinara sauce on top and garnish it with some basil.
- Your Spaghetti with homemade Marinara Sauce is ready is ready in no time.
Pin It For Later –