Instant Pot Lasagna Soup – A delicious Warm one pot meal with the flavors of Lasagna in soup form! The beauty of this soup is, It is made in Instant Pot that comes together in no time!
This Vegetarian Lasagna Soup is filled with iron-rich red lentils, vitamins and minerals rich vegetables, pasta in rich tomato based sauce and some flavorful basic herbs.
For me, Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is Pure comfort food.
This Easy soup recipe is kids friendly Instant pot recipe as it contains all the goodness like pasta, cheese which kids love and never say no. 🙂
If your kid is picky about vegetables, use his/her favorite veggie or you can you can completely skip the vegetables.
This Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is amazing, good for you and vegan. You can make this in the slow cooker, traditional pressure cooker or on stove top too. Last year, I have shared a recipe for Lasagna soup in Dutch oven here
How to make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup?
Making Lasagna Soup in Instant Pot is super easy process. you can dump in all the ingredients in your Instant Pot, set the timer and walk away. A one Pot meal will ready in no time, which will warm your belly, healthy and satisfying.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Toppings.
I have made this Soup vegan. I love it without any cheese. But my son and husband prefer this soup with Mozzarella cheese, Whole milk ricotta cheese, and parmesan cheese.
You can also add a dollop of sour cream. You may add chopped parsley, chopped spring onions or basil leaves.
This Lasagna soup is perfect for weight watchers as I haven’t added any cheese while making the soup.
Tips for making the best lasagna soup in a pressure cooker
- Use red lentils (Split and skinned lentils / Masoor dal). It will cook in the time of the recipe. Whole dried lentils will need much longer cooking time and that will overcook the other ingredients. That’s why I prefer to use Red Lentil to make this lasagna soup.
- Cut lasagna noodles into smaller pieces and mix it well before closing the lid.
- We like semi-dry kind of lasagna soup. But if you prefer more watery kind, use liquid accordingly.
- Use your choice of vegetables. I have used whatever I had in my fridge.
- If you are using whole grain lasagna pasta sheet, increase the cooking time from 5 minutes to 6 minutes and QR.
I don’t have Lasagna Sheets. Can I substitute it with other types of Pasta to make this Lasagna Soup?
Yes, Of course. You can use any shape of pasta of your choice to make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup. When my son was small, I used to make this soup with Bowtie pasta. Many times those wide lasagna noodles flip out of the spoons.
How to freeze Instant Pot Lasagna Soup?
- I use Half gallon freezer safe Ziploc bags to store this soup.
- Let the soup cool down completely. Transfer the soup from the pot into the bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bags.
- Place it in the freezer. Stays fresh up to 3 to 4 months.
- To thaw the soup, remove it from the freezer the night before serving or put the soup bags in warm water for 2 hours to thaw it faster.
- Heat the soup in a pan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over slow flame.
One Pot Lasagna Soup is one of the best one-pot meals around!! This hearty Italian Soup is comforting and soothing.
Some of my Favorite Instant Pot recipes are –
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1/4 cup - Red Lentils (Masoor dal)
- 6 - Lasagna Pasta sheets Cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup - chopped onion
- 1/2 cup - chopped carrots
- 2 cups - spinach
- 1 cup - chopped bell peppers (I have used red and green)
- 3/4 cup - chopped zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp - grated garlic
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp - Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp - onion powder
- 5 cups - Vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups - Diced tomatoes
- 1 cup - Tomato puree
- 6 - Basil leaves
- Turn on IP on saute mode. Heat oil
- Add Grated garlic, saute for few seconds.
- Now add all the vegetables, stir well.
- Add Lentils, salt, pepper powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, red lentils, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, basil leaves and pasta pieces.
- Give all a good stir.
- Close the lid. Turn off IP from saute mode.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 5 minutes under high pressure.
- Once 5 minute is done and IP beeps, turn off the Instant Pot. Quick release the pressure.
- When all the pressure released, open the lid, and give a quick stir.
- 10. Vegan Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is ready. Garnish it with basil leaves. Sprinkle some red crushed pepper if you are like me who loves a spice kick in soups. 🙂
- 11. If you are not making it vegan, add a dollop of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin It For Later –