Instant Pot Wild Rice Mushroom Soup – Vegan, Good for you, and is just what everyone needs in Winter.
Happy New Year Everyone!!
I hope you all had great holidays. 🙂
Soups like Lasagna Soup. Carrot tomato soup, Thai soup, Spinach soup, Roasted corn soup, Cream tomato soup, Vegetable Soup, and minestrone soup are some of our winter staples in my home. Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup is one of them.
This vegan Mushroom soup with wild rice is like pure comfort food without feeling too heavy.
What is Wild Rice?
According to healthline.com Despite its name, wild rice is not rice at all. Wild rice is a whole grain that has been growing in popularity in recent years.
It is very nutritious and believed to have numerous health benefits.
Although it is the seed of an aquatic grass, just like rice, it’s not directly related to rice. The grass grows naturally in shallow freshwater marshes and along the shores of streams and lakes.
Wild rice is gluten-free.
How to Cook Wild Rice?
1. Steam Wild Rice
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup wild rice, 3 cups water, salt to a boil. Cover it and Cook until the rice is tender and the kernels pop open. It will take 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover the rice and fluff it with a fork. Simmer 5 additional minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain off any excess liquid, if necessary.
2. Wild Rice In Oven
Combine 1 cup wild rice with 2 cups boiling water and salt to taste in a 2-quart casserole with lid. Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour. Check the wild rice. Add more water, if needed, and fluff the rice with a fork. Continue baking until the rice is tender and still moist, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Wild Rice In Instant Pot
Combine 1 cup of Wild Rice, 3 cups of water and salt to taste in an instant pot. Cook for 45 minutes on high pressure. fluff the rice with a fork.
Where to buy Wild Rice?
Wild rice is available at Walmart, Sprouts, Whole Foods and on Amazon too.
This soup has everything you need after eating all the holiday treat. 🙂
Instant Pot Wild Rice Mushroom Soup is
And so so so so comforting.
I would say this is the most delectable Mushroom Recipe. 🙂
This Wild Rice Mushroom Soup is a great blend of flavors and textures, and the creaminess from the coconut milk just puts it over the top.
This is the easiest soup recipe I have ever made. You just dump in everything in instant pot, make a roux in a pan and add it once the rice and mushroom are cooked properly. That’s it!!
I have made this soup with a loaf of crusty Rosemary and Olive oil no-knead bread.
If you want to make this soup for a party, serve it with No Knead Bread and some fancy salads.
Don’t like Mushrooms? Don’t worry you can still make this Wild Rice soup with carrots, spinach, kale or any veggies of your choice. 🙂
Do check out my other Instant Pot Soup Recipes like
Other Instant Pot Recipes on a blog –
Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup - Wild Rice See notes
- 1 1/2 cup - Mushroom i have used Baby Bella, you may use any
- 1 1/2 cup - Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup - chopped onion
- 1/4 cup - chopped celery
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp - minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp - Poultry Seasoning See Notes
- 1/2 tsp - Black Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp - all purpose flour
- 1 cup - Coconut milk See notes
- Dump Wild Rice, Mushroom, Vegetable Stock, chopped onion, chopped celery, Salt, and minced garlic in an inner steal pot in Instant Pot. Stir well. Cover it.
- Pressure cook it on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let's make a roux. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add All-purpose flour, Cook it for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Now, add coconut milk and stir. Cook it for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Once IP beeps and cooking time is done, switch off the Instant Pot and give a quick release.
- Now, add prepared roux in a soup. Mix well.
- Wild Rice Mushroom Soup is ready. Serve it with Crusty No Knead Bread.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin It For Later –