All of your flavors of Lasagna come together in a bowl of soup! Lasagna Soup is cheesy, comforting and delicious. The flavors are lovely. And that melting cheese, mmm yum yum. This is a one pot wonder! If you are craving for Lasagna and don’t have time to make or tired, then this recipe comes in handy. Go for it…..
Today, the temperature is in 50s and its perfect time to make another variety of soup. This Lasagna Soup is healthy and delicious with lots of vegetables. There is Italian seasoning, basil and what would lasagna soup be without noodles and cheese. I Have already shared my Lasagna rolls recipe. Which is my sons favorite.
It comes together much quicker than making a pan of lasagna, which I love. I served this with French Bread, but it tastes better with Garlic Bread. Whenever I make this Lasagna Soup, it is hit in my house. :). I have used canned Diced Tomatoes. If you couldn’t find it or if it’s not available in your area, use bright red chopped tomatoes.
Serves 5 to 6 people
Lasagna noodles -5 sheet (Not 5 box only sheet)
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Green Chili – 1 tbsp
Chopped carrots – 1
Chopped colorful bell peppers – 1 1/2 cups
Zucchini chopped – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Canned diced tomatoes – 16 oz or chopped tomatoes – 500 grams
Black pepper powder to taste
Italian seasoning – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 cup (Not tomato ketch up)
Chopped spinach – 2 cups
Chopped basil – 2 tbsp
Ricotta cheese – 1/2 cup
Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
Water as needed
Video recipe of Lasagna soup :-
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/6PzMn3qFixw”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Saute for few seconds. Add green chilies and saute it too.
2. Then add carrots, bell peppers and zucchini. Cook them for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Now add salt. mix well. Add diced tomatoes and 2 cups of water. Now it’s time to add black pepper powder and Italian seasoning. Give it a good stir.
4. Cover it and let it simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
5. Break the lasagna sheet into pieces and add it into soup. Add 1 cup of water. Add tomato sauce. stir well.
6. Again cover it and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until lasagna is cooked.
7. Add chopped spinach and chopped basil. Cover it and let it cook for 5 more minutes. If you want soup watery, add more water. Adjust it according to your preference.
8. Switch off the flame and add ricotta cheese when you are ready to serve. Give it a good mix.
9. Lasagna Soup is ready. Top it up with some Mozzarella cheese and serve this hot. Enjoy