Minestrone soup is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, Pasta or Rice and with beans. Common Ingredients include beans, onions, celery, stock and tomatoes.
This is very basic soup but its taste is out of the world. It is jam-packed with nutritious value. This soup is perfect for chilly days.
So here is a hearty Minestrone soup which wont take too much time to cook. You can use any kind of vegetables you like.
Finely chopped vegetables(I have used celery, red and green bell pepper, zucchini, spinach, onion, carrots, cabbage french beans) – 3 cups
Finely chopped garlic – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Tomato puree – 2 cup
Boiled Kidney beans(Rajma) – 1 cup
White beans (Optional) – 1/2 cup
Boiled pasta – 1 cup
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped Basil Leaves – 1 tsp
Chopped Parsley – 1 tsp
Red crushed pepper – 1 tsp
Cheese for serving
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute it for few seconds.
2. Add chopped vegetables. Saute it for 5 minutes or until tender over a medium heat.
3. Add salt and pepper and mix it very well. Add tomato puree, Kidney beans, white beans, pasta, basil, parsley and red crushed pepper. Add water according to your desired consistency. Cook it for 5 – 6 minutes over medium heat.
4. Your Minestrone soup is ready. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve Minestrone soup hot.
Note ;- 1. You can use dried parsley and basil instead of fresh one.
2. You can use vegetable stock instead of plain water.
3. You can add or omit vegetables according to your preference.