Mint Coriander Chutney is very easy recipe made with only few ingredients. The basic ingredients are Mint leaves, Coriander/Cilantro, Salt, Green chilies, Lemon, One binding agent such as Peanut or Daliya dal …. Lemon juice preserves green color in the chutney. If you like ginger in your chutney you can also add ginger.
This chutney is used in so many dishes like pakoda, samosa, any chaat item, sandwich and many more. This is versatile Indian condiment that can be used in many different ways.
You can store this chutney up to 2 – 3 months in freezer (Depending upon the weather). It will remain as fresh and green as it is just made. I will show how to store this chutney later in this post.
Cilantro/Coriander – 3 big bunch
Mint – 1 big bunch
Salt to taste
Sugar – 2 tbsp (Optional)
Lemon Juice – 1/4 cup
Peanut – 1 cup
Thai Green chilies – 20(Adjust quantity according to your spice preference)
1. Wash Mint, Coriander and green chilies properly. Chop them roughly.
2. Take that mixture into Blender and blend it very well.
3. Add Peanut, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Blend it very well. If you want to store this chutney for longer time, don’t use water while blending.
4. Your Mint-coriander chutney is ready.
How to store Mint-coriander chutney
1. Take Ice cube tray. Fill each cubes with chutney.
2. Put it into the freezer.
3. Keep it into freezer for 4 – 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes.
4. Take it out and Put each chutney cubes into Zip lock bags or air tight container.
5. Store it into freezer. Whenever you want to use chutney, take it out and defrost it.
That’s it. Isn’t it very simple and easy!!!!!!