One of the BEST parts of this time of year (Winter) is… Lemons!! You get plenty and juicy lemons during this time of the year. In India, my mother used to make this syrup every year during winter. During winter, the lemons are cheap and she always prepares this Lemonade Syrup aka Nimbu Syrup and stores it in the refrigerator to enjoy it on hot summer days. ….
I do the same thing – stock up my refrigerator with Lemonade Syrup so My family can enjoy this in summer. This time, I got so many lemons from my friend, picked from her tree, and thought this is the perfect time to stock up some Lemonade Syrup. 🙂
Lemons are good for your health. It helps in indigestion, constipation, helps in reducing weight, controls high blood pressure, helps in dental problems, fever, throat infection, it useful in the treatment of kidney stones and reducing strokes.
This is a fresh squeezed Lemonade Concentrate I keep in the fridge all the time. Mix it with some water, ice, salt and fresh mint leaves and BAM!! Fresh squeezed Lemonade in seconds! I love making this and giving it as gifts too!!
Who Doesn’t like Lemonade? This is healthy beverage recipe compared to drinking carbonated drinks. Whether it’s summer or not, I like to enjoy a glass of chilled Nimbu Pani aka Lemonade any time of the year.
Don’t Forget To Check My Other Drink Recipes Like –
Lemonade Syrup / Nimbu Sharbat Syrup
To make Lemonade Syrup / Nimbu Pani Syrup
- 3 cups Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (Strained)
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Granulated sugar
To make 1 glass of Nimbu Sharbat
- Mint leaves
- 4 to 5 tbsp Lemonade syrup / Nimbu pani Syrup
- 1 cup Water or plain soda
- Black salt / salt to taste
- Some ice cubes
To make Lemonade Syrup
- Take sugar, water, and lemon juice in a pot. Switch on the flame.
- After few minutes, you'll notice dirt floating on the surface. Take it out with help of a spoon.
- Let the mixture comes to a boil.
- Switch off the flame and let it cools down completely.
- Place this mixture in a clean jar.
- Refrigerate it. It stays fresh up to 4 to 5 months or more than that.
To make Nimbu Pani / Lemonade
- Take one glass, add lemon syrup, black salt or salt, mint leaves, ice cubes, and water.
- Give it a quick stir. Enjoy!!
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin It Dor Later –