The Pina Colada is a classical tropical Cocktail with rum, pineapple and coconut Milk. But I made it without alcohol. This Virgin Pina Colada recipe will transport you to Island. 🙂
According to Wiki, the History of this drink is – The earliest known story states that in the 19th century, Puerto Rican pirate Roberto Cofresí, to boost his crew’s morale, gave them a beverage or cocktail that contained coconut, pineapple, and white rum. This was what would be later known as the famous piña colada.
Last month we went on a cruise to Mexico. We Tasted virgin Pina Colada in Ensenada, Mexico for the first time and we loved it. This drink is so refreshing and rich in taste, you won’t even miss the alcohol. Virgin Pina Colada is blended mocktail.
I used fresh pineapple for this recipe, but feel free to use canned diced pineapple. Just adjust the amount of sugar if using canned pineapple. In this recipe, I used unsweetened coconut milk. If you are going to use sweetened coconut milk, please adjust or avoid the sugar.
This is my favorite recipe. Its so smooth and creamy. It is a great drink recipe to make on a warm summer day or for parties. Give this a try, It will make you feel like you are sitting on a warm beach, relaxing to the sounds of the waves. 🙂
Virgin Pina Colada
- 2 cups - Chopped fresh Pineapple
- 1 ½ cup - Full fat coconut milk
- 3 - tablespoon - Sugar Adjust according to your taste
- 1 cup - Ice cubes
- Cherry and pineapple wedges for garnishing
- Take a pineapple, coconut milk, sugar and ice into a blender.
- Blend it well on high speed. Sieve this mixture if you wish to.
- Transfer this into serving glass. Garnish it with cherry and pineapple wedge.
- Virgin Pina Colada is ready. Enjoy.