Cheese Corn Balls is an easy to make, delicious and vegetarian kids snack with soft and cheesy texture. My son loves these cheesy balls. They make for a great party appetizer. Corn and cheese are my all time favorite. Put these two together in the of a soft and delicious appetizer and you have a great dish ready. I make many dishes using cheese and corn together. One of them is Magic Corn Pasta. 🙂
This recipe requires very few ingredients. I make 2 types of Cheese Corn Balls, one is crispy version and one soft version. In crispy version, I add corn starch and All purpose flour as an binding agent and coat with slurry of all purpose flour and bread crumbs. In soft version, which is healthier option, I add fresh brown bread crumbs as a binding agent and coat it with little bit dry corn starch. Today, I am sharing second version, Soft version. On top of that, I made this Cheese Corn balls fried and non fried. And believe me there is no difference. In fact, I loved the non fried better than the fried one.
Notes : –
I have used Cheddar cheese in this recipe. You may use any cheese of your choice.
If you want to serve these balls as a party appetizer, place balls in the freezer after coating them with corn starch, remove them hour before and deep fry them.
Try frying one ball first. If it start disintegrate, add some more bread crumbs, make a balls and fry.
I added Oregano and chili flakes to give Italian taste. You can add seasoning of your choice.
These Cheese Corn Balls is an amazingly tantalizing, addictive, party appetizer and can be served with tomato ketchup, mayo or any dipping sauce of your choice.
Grated cheese – 1 and 1/4 cup
Boiled and mashed potato – 1 cup
Boiled corn – 1 cup
Finely chopped bell pepper/capsicum – 1/4 cup
Grated garlic – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Chili flakes – 1 tsp (According to your spice level)
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Bread crumbs – 5 tbsp
Corn starch – 3 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Video recipe of making Cheese Corn Balls
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/WChPUZ7ejwU”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. First take grated cheese in a mixing bowl. Add boiled corn, bell pepper, potatoes, grated garlic, salt, chili flakes, oregano and bread crumbs.
2. Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Now coat the balls with little bit corn starch and fry them until golden brown in color on medium flame. Take them out on absorbent paper.
4. If your dont want to deep fry them, you can make them in Appe pan too.
5. Grease the cavity of appe pan with little bit oil. Place the cheese balls and cook them until golden brown in color from all the side.
6. Cheese Corn Balls are ready. Serve them with tomato ketch-up and Enjoy. 🙂