This Classic Homemade Tabouli Salad / Tabbouleh Salad Recipe /tabouleh / Parsley Salad is a quick, Easy to make and Simple Salad of Chopped Vegetables like Cucumber, Tomatoes, Onions, Lots of Fresh Parsley and Bulgur Wheat, tossed with Salt, Lime Juice and Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
What is Tabbouleh?
Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern / Medittarian vegetarian salad made of finely chopped parsley with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Most of us are familiar with This Middle Easter dish, Tabbouleh or Tabouli. It’s traditionally made with Lots of Parsley, some vegetables, and Bulgur Wheat. If you don’t like Bulgur wheat You can make this Tabbouleh without Bulgur Wheat too Or You can add Quinoa and make Tabbouleh Quinoa or tabouli Quinoa. You may add Couscous too.
How to make tabbouleh / Tabouli Salad?
As I said, making tabbouleh salad recipe is super easy. You need very few ingredients like Cucumber, tomato, Fresh Parsley, Mint leaves, Lemon juice, Good Quality Olive oil, Salt, Chili powder(Optional) and Bulgur wheat. Soak the Bulgur wheat in hot water for some time, chop the veggies, mix everything together and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. That it!!
Tips to make Perfect and Best Tabbouleh Recipe –
- I have Used Coarse verity of Bulgur wheat. It requires extra time to soak, around an hour. If you are using fine variety reduce the soaking time.
- The star of this Tabouli / Tabbouleh recipe is Fresh Parsley – Lots of Parsley. Use Fresh Parsley.
- This Tabbouleh recipe calls for Fresh mint leaves and Onions. I use red onions to make this Salad. Feel free to use green onions or any onions of your choice.
- We don’t prefer Finely chopped vegetables in our tabouli salad, but you are more than welcome to chop it finely. Don’t use a food processor to chop the vegetables, use a sharp knife.
- I like to use English Cucumbers as they are thin skinned and has fewer seeds. You can use normal cucumbers too. but remove most of the seeds and then proceed to chop.
- Be sure to use Red and firm tomatoes.
- Use good quality Extra virgin Olive oil.
- For best result Cover the tabouli and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
It’s traditionally served as a side salad with Falafel. I prefer it in Pita bread. But I can eat this salad happily as a meal in and of itself.
This Lebanese tabbouleh recipe is so simple, so satisfying, bursting with zesty flavors and so freaking scrumptious.
Let me tell you one more thing, this tabbouleh / Tabouli tastes best next day!! This Easy Tabouli Salad / Tabbouleh Salad / tabouleh / Parsley Salad is perfect Summer Salad recipe for any Party or Gathering.
Don’t Forget to Checkout other Middle Easter Recipes like,
Classic Homemade Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley, chopped Around 2.5 to 3 cups
- 1/4 cup Bulgur Wheat / Daliya
- 1 cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1 cup Chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder optional
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Wash and soak Bulgur wheat at room temperature water for an hour. (See Notes)
- Take chopped Parsley, Cucumber, Cucumber, Onion, Mint leaves, a big mixing bowl.
- Now Drain all the water from Bulgur wheat and squeeze Bulgur wheat with your hands to get rid of excess water. Add it in chopped vegetables.
- Now add salt, Olive oil, Lime juice and red chili powder.
- Mix well. Cover it and Refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
Pin It For Later –