Balela Salad (Bah-lay-la salad) is Middle Eastern-style Chickpea salad. This hearty refreshing salad is bursting with zesty flavor. So easy, so delicious, nutrient dense and satisfying meal! It is perfect for any party or busy weeknight meal.
Balela Salad tastes flavorful from mint and parsley. If you don’t find parsley in your area, you can use cilantro.
The main ingredient in this Mediterranean chickpea salad recipe is Sumac. Sumac is a Mediterranean herb and is one of my favorites. It has a tangy, lemony flavor that brightens this Balela salad.
Trader Joe’s Balela Salad is very famous. But I prefer to make my Middle Easter Bean Salad at home instead of buying from the store. It is not only easy to make but and you’ll save a lot of money.
How to serve Balela Salad?
One thing which I love the most about this salad is the veracity of this salad. You can serve this chickpea salad in many ways –
- As a side dish
- In a wrap
- Make a sandwich
- As a dip with chips and crackers
- As an appetizer
- In a pita bread (My favorite)
- You can keep this chickpea salad for days in the fridge and becomes your go-to during busy work weeks. It is not just flavorful but it’s full of nutrients.
If you want something delicious, nutritious and easy to make for your lunches this week, you should totally make this Balela Salad.
Balela Salad | Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups - Boiled Chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup - Chopped colorful bell pepper
- 1 cup - Chopped tomatoes refer Notes
- 1 cup - Chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup - Chopped green onion
- 1 cup - Chopped parsley
- ½ cup Chopped mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup - Light Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon - Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon - Red crushed pepper
- ½ teaspoon sumac
Don’t forget to check more salad recipes like,
Pin It For Later –