Tzatziki Sauce Recipe – The perfect Accompaniment to many Mediterranean dishes or simply serve with Warm Pita and your favorite Vegetables!! Tzatziki Dip is a perfect Traditional Greek Sauce that is good on just about everything!!
What is Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki is a traditional Greek Sauce or dip which is made of yogurt, Extra virgin Olive oil, Garlic, Lemon juice, Fresh Dill leaves (Suva Ni Bhaji) and salt and pepper. It comes together in 10 minutes.
How to make Best Greek Yogurt Dip – Tzatziki Sauce?
Easy Tzatziki Sauce is made with Greek Yogurt. If you can’t find Greek yogurt, you can make by straining regular yogurt/curd for several hours to remove the liquid and thicken the yogurt. Basically, Tzatziki Sauce requires very thick yogurt.
Best Tzatziki Sauce contains shredded cucumber. I used English Cucumber because it doesn’t have many seeds. If you are using cucumber which has more seeds, its best to remove the seeds of the cucumber. Use the sharply pointed spoon to scrape out seeds.
Fresh Lemon Juice brightens up the flavors of this Greek Yogurt Dip recipe.
I have used Dill leaves. Some people also use mint leaves. If you couldn’t find dill leaves, use chopped mint leaves.
Fresh Garlic adds a ton of flavors to the sauce. Make sure you grate or chop them finely.
Use good quality of the Extra virgin Olive oil.
How to use Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki Sauce is so versatile, there are so many ways to enjoy it. It can be served with veggies, Warm pita bread, Falafel, Topping for Meditteranean baked potatoes, Vegetable Souvlaki, Shawarma and more!! I also love to use as a sandwich spread. The options are endless when it comes to Tzatziki Sauce. It is a perfectly healthy Greek Yogurt Dip recipe.
Don’t wait now. Go whip up some Tzatziki Sauce!! You will love it! 🙂
Tzatziki Sauce / Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt / Hung curd / Strained yogurt (around 300 grams)
- 1 big Cucumber
- 1 tsp Shredded Garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Dill leaves, Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, Peel the cucumber and grate it using large blade grater.
- Take a clean muslin cloth or good quality paper towel. Place shredded cucumber in a muslin cloth. Squeeze the cucumber with a muslin cloth to release liquid. Place the bowl underneath to Preserve the liquid. You can add this into your soup, dal or curry or you can simply apply to your face for shiny skin. :). Or just drink it.
- Take curd/yogurt into a bowl. Add Squeezed cucumber, garlic, pepper, Chopped dell leaves, Lemon juice, Olive oil, and salt. Mix them very well. Cover it with cling wrap or with lid.
- Refrigerate it for at least one hour.