Falafel is a deep fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans or both. Falafel is traditional Middle Eastern food, usually served in a Pita (which acts as a pocket) or wrapped in a flatbread known as lafa. Falafel also frequently refers to wrapped sandwich that is prepared in this way. The falafel balls are topped with salads, vegetables, hot sauce and drizzled with tahini based sauce or with hummus. Falafel balls may also be eaten alone as snack or served as a part of appetizers.
Falafel is common dish eaten throughout the Middle East. This fritters are now found around the world.
Soaked Garbanzo beans/chhole chana – 2 cup
Fresh parsley – 1 bunch
Mint – 8 to 10 leaves
Roughly chopped Green bell pepper – 1/2 cup
Roughly chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 3 cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
Ground Cumin – 2 tsp
Soda bi carb – 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep fry
1. Take Garbanzo beans in a blender jar. Blend it coarsely without using water or with using very little water. Keep aside in a big bowl. Now take parsley, Roughly chopped Green bell pepper, Roughly chopped Onion, mint and Garlic in a food processor or blender and blend it well. Mix it with garbanzo mixture.
2. Add salt and pepper, ground cumin powder, soda bi carb, and baking soda. Mix it well. And keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Mould it into round patty shape.
4. Heat the oil. Deep fry this patty on a medium high heat. When it gets golden brown in color take it out on a absorbent paper.
5. When it gets golden brown in color take it out on a absorbent paper.