My today’s recipe is the ideal and healthy party appetizers and takes hardly any time. Falafel is familiar to many of us. Falafel is Meditarrian dish which made by using chickpeas and some spices. I have already shared regular Falafel recipe. I tweaked this recipe and added Beetroot. Yes Beetroot. You’re probably wondering Why beetroot? Well, beetroot makes the Falafel juicer and prettier. Beetroot Falafel is very exotic dish.
Beetroot Falafel is everything a delicious and healthier meal. Beets are nutrient powerhouses. It is filled with Folate, Fiber, Manganese, Potassium and more. It is Antioxidants, Anti-inflammatory and natural detoxifying.
These flavorful and moist Beetroot Falafel make a healthy lunch and a wonderful Gluten-free, vegan / vegetarian dinner. Serve it with some fresh pita bread, salad, Tzatziki dip, Hummus or with Baba Gaunosh.
Makes 26 to 30 falafel
Chickpea / garbanzo beans / chhole – 2 cups (yields 4 cups after soaking)
Garlic cloves – 3 big cloves (Skip if making Jain)
Beetroot – 225 grams
Onion chopped – 1 cup (Skip if making Jain)
Salt to taste
Parsley chopped or cilantro – 1cup
Roasted Cumin powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Video recipe of Making Beetroot Falafel
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/evdwbslCVEA”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Soak chick pea overnight or at least six hours in water. Drain the water.
2. In a blender jar, take soaked chick pea. Pulse it few times to break the chickpeas. Now add beetroot chopped, parsley, garlic, onion and salt. Pulse the mixture until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and the chickpeas looks well processed but not purred. Don’t use water.
3. Now take this mixture out into a big mixing bowl. Add roasted cumin powder.
4. When you are ready to fry, add baking soda and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Take small portion of the mixture, form a ball and press it slightly between your palms. Repeat this step until you run out of the mixture.
7. Fry these beetroot falafel in the medium hot oil until they are golden brown from both the sides.
8. Take it out in absorbent paper.