Baba Ganoush is Middle Eastern Dip. Baba Ganoush is basically roasted eggplant blended up with lemon juice, Tahini and salt. It is so simple and easy to make. It is Silky dip that makes a wonderful addition to your appetizer table. Its also great as a spread on sandwiches.
I didnt use Tahini. I have used roasted sesame seeds. you can use store bought tahini if you wish too. Some recipes do not use yogurt, but I found that small amount of plain curd adds a rich creamy texture and tang to Baba Ganoush. You can avoid yogurt if you wish to make it vegan.
Serve this creamy, silky and yummy Baba Ganoush with pita bread, chips, slices of carrots, cucumber or as a spread on sandwiches. We had this Baba Ganoush with Beetroot Falafel
Do check out my other dip recipe
Serves 7 – 8 people
Eggplant / Big brinjle – 2 (around 1 kg)
Sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Chopped Parsley – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 3 big cloves
Salt to taste
Curd / Yogurt – 3 tbsp (Avoid if making vegan)
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Video Recipe of Baba Ganoush
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/_kjDtUpQj8Y”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Make slits on eggplant, apply oil and roast it on high flame, flipping occasionally.
2. Take roasted eggplant in a big bowl and let it cools down.
3. Meanwhile take sesame seeds in a pan and dry roast it until light golden brown in color.
4. In a blender jar, take roasted sesame seeds, garlic and curd / yogurt. Grind it into a smooth paste.
5. Take out all the excess water from eggplant. Peel the skin of eggplant.
6. Take eggplant in to a blender jar. Add sesame paste, salt and lemon juice. Pulse it few times.
7. Take this out in a mixing bowl. Add chopped parsley. Mix well.
8. Creamy and yummy Baba Ganoush is ready. Serve with pita bread or carrots and cucumbers.