Instant Pot Banana Bread – Family’s favorite, Moist, Eggless, Vegan, Easy to make, simply Perfect Recipe! Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
What is Banana Bread?
Simple Banana bread is different from regular bread. Basically, it’s a quick bread and made using leavening agents, baking soda and baking powder, and not yeast like regular bread recipes. And because of that, it is ready to bake right away.
It is a moist, cake-like bread made with mashed ripe bananas.
Moist banana bread/cake can be enjoyed plain, with ice-cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce or cream cheese syrup.
This is the best banana bread recipe which is made in a pressure cooker with very minimal and simple ingredients.
A very best way to use overripe bananas. This bread is filled with lots of flavors.
Not only this Instant Pot Banana Bread is perfectly sweet, but it stays moist for days.
What is so good in this Homemade banana bread?
The beauty of this bread is you don’t need a fancy mixer. One bowl
I love my instant pot, especially for bread (Proofing in IP) and desserts. Instant pot produces awesome moist and delicious baked dishes. Another reason is it maintains the same temperature every time.
Tips for moist and perfect Instant Pot Banana Bread.
- Always use room temperature ingredients.
- When measuring the flour, don’t scoop out the flour directly from the container. Stir the flour around, spoon it into measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife.
- Don’t over mix the bread batter, just lightly mix.
- The bananas need to be dark yellow with lots of browning. Use well-ripped banana only. The riper the bananas, the moister your bread will be and the more banana flavor it will have.
How to make Eggless Instant Pot Banana Bread?
The first step is to prepare a baking pan.
I have made this Dairy-free banana bread recipe with only 3/4 cup of flour and for that have used 6in x 2.5in Wilton Bundt pan. Grease the Bundt pan with little bit of oil and dust it with flour.
The second step – sift the dry ingredients –
Sift the dry ingredients – All Purpose flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Sifting dry ingredients necessary?
Yes. Sifted dry ingredients are much lighter, is easier to mix into a wet ingredient and it combines evenly.
Third step – Prepare wet ingredients.
For wet ingredients, Take bananas in a bowl. Mash them with the help of a fork. You may use a hand blender or mixer grinder too. But trust me you don’t need to use an electric blender to mash the banana as we are using over-ripped bananas and it’s easy to mash with a fork.
Add in oil, any unflavored oil will do, vanilla extract, sugar, and milk (Plant-based or regular). Use sugar according to your taste.
Step four, combine ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined. DONT over mix.
Instead of making the batter in 2 separate bowls, you can make quick banana bread batter in one bowl too. First, mix the wet ingredients and then sift all the dry ingredients direct in wet ingredients and combine all together.
Step five, batter in baking pan.
After combining the wet and dry ingredients, take it into greased and dusted bundt pan. Cover it with aluminum foil.
Step six, place the Bundt pan in Instant Pot.
For this recipe, I have used 6qt Instant Pot. Add water and place a trivet in the inner pot. Carefully place the Bundt pan, close the lid and cook it on high pressure for 35 minutes followed by NPR. Insert a toothpick and check it’s done or not.
Step Seven, let the bread rest.
Once cooking time is done and all the pressure is released, take out the Bundt pan and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, loosen the sides of the bread from the pan with a butter knife. Remove the bread from the pan.
Step eight, pour some sauce and garnish it with nuts of your choice.
This step is completely optional. You can eat this bread as is. But sometimes I prefer to drizzle some sauce to make it rich. I drizzled some chocolate sauce and sprinkled some slivered almonds on top.
Rich, moist, Scrumptious, best and easy Instant Pot Banana Bread with chocolate sauce is ready. Dig in!
What else we can pour/decorate on banana bread?
You can drizzle caramel sauce, white chocolate sauce, or you can even frost it with cream cheese frosting.
Banana Bread mix-ins you already have on hand
You can add so many varieties of mix-ins in your banana bread. Such as,
Nuts and bananas are like a match made in heaven. Mix in any nut like pecans, walnuts, almonds, hazelnut in your bread batter.
Nut butter gives flavors and additional fat for density and texture.
Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips so well in banana bread.
Mix in some apricots, cranberries, figs or whatever you’ve got.
Shredded coconut also goes perfect in this banana bread.
Any Flavor extract.
You can add any flavored extract in a batter.
How is the texture of Instant pot banana bread?
This instant pot banana bread produces dense bread. The texture is slightly different than oven bread. But it is moist and filling. Plus you won’t get a dark brown color. The color will be very light brown in color.
Can I add butter instead of oil?
Of course, if you are not making this bread vegan and would like to add butter, you can add the same amount of melted butter.
Tips for storing or freezing banana bread.
You can easily store this eggless banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 to 3 days and about a week in the fridge.
To freeze the banana bread, wrap it in a cling wrap and place it in a plastic freezer bag and store for 2 to 4 months in a freezer. When you are ready to use it, thaw it in the fridge or on the counter a night before.
Here are some more recipes that you can make from overripe bananas!
Instant Pot Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup - All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp - Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp - Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup - Mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup - Milk Regular or Plant-based
- 1/4 cup - sugar
- 1/2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp - Oil
- Hershey chocolate syrup.
- 1/4 cup - slivered almonds
- Grease the Bundt pan with little bit of oil and dust it with flour.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Take well-mashed banana, oil, sugar and vanilla extract in another bowl. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined. DONT over mix.
- After combining the wet and dry ingredients, take it into greased and dusted bundt pan. Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup of water and place a trivet in the inner pot of instant pot.
- Carefully place the Bundt pan, close the lid and press the manual high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once 35 minutes is done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Once all the pressure is released, take out the Bundt pan, insert a toothpick and check if it's done or not. If the inserted toothpick comes out clean, then it's done. Let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, loosen the sides of the bread from the pan with a butter knife.
- Remove the bread from the pan.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Pour some Chocolate sauce and garnish it with slivered almonds.
- Instant Pot Banana Bread is ready to serve. Enjoy it at breakfast, as an evening snack with tea or coffee or as a dessert.
Pin It For Later –