Whole Wheat Nutty Banana Bread blew my mind. The moistest, most flavorful Whole Wheat Nutty Banana Bread I EVER had. EVER! bold statement, I know but this is truth. To be honest, I didn’t have high expectations with the whole wheat, but after eating it….. ahhhh, it was so so moist, flavorful and yummy.
So thought lets share this healthy recipe with you guys. I often make banana bread with leftover or over ripe bananas. This recipe is very easy to make and no mixer grinder required. This recipe is egg-less and Vegan (Dairy-free).
Whole Wheat Nutty Banana Bread recipe is perfect for road Trip. It stays fresh for up to 2 days.
All purpose flour ✘
Kids approved ✔
What else we need!!!
Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Ripe bananas – 4 to 5 medium size (Added 5)
Sugar – 1/2 cup (Adjust as per your taste)
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Pinch of salt
Oil – 2/3 cup (used light olive oil)
Roughly chopped walnuts, Pistachios and Almonds – 1/4 cup
Preheat the oven @ 350 Degree F.
Grease the 7 inch loaf pan with oil. And keep it aside.
1. Take Whole Wheat Flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a big mixing bowl. Sieve them 2 to 3 times. Keep it aside.
2. In another big bowl, take peeled ripe bananas. Mash them very well using fork. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Mix them very well. Add Oil and mix it.
3. Add dry flour mixture and chopped nuts into the mashed banana mixture. Fold the flour and nuts very well. This folding step is very important as you want the mixture to be one and mixed evenly.
4. Pour the bread mixture evenly into the greased loaf pan. Fill 3/4 of the loaf pan with the mixture. Sprinkle some chopped Nuts on top. (Optional)
5. Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
6. Let it cool down for 15 to 20 minutes on to the countertop. Remove bread from the pan. Slice them and serve them warm.
7. Enjoy Whole Wheat Nutty Banana Bread with hot cup of tea or coffee.