Dry Garlic Chutney is a very versatile and all purpose Maharashtrian(State of India) condiment recipe. But it is famous for Vada Pav. Its signature condiment for Vada Pav. This is a dry textured chutney, prepared from garlic, coconut, sesame seeds and spices. This chutney can be rolled with a plain chapati or Roti as a snack.
This recipe will make cup 1/2 chutney
Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 6
Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
1. Grind all the ingredients together to a coarse powder.
2. Take this out in a serving bowl. Your Dry Garlic Chutney is ready. Isn’t this very easy!!!!
- This Dry Garlic Chutney is best with Vada Pav. Add few curry leaves to this chutney if you want to use in Dosa or Adai or with Idli.
- You can also use dry red chilies instead of chili powder.
- You can also Dry roast all the ingredients before grinding.
- You can store this up to 2 – 3 months in freezer.