Bombay Sandwich Chutney is green chutney recipe for sandwiches. Green Chutney is one of the healthiest addition and is used often in Indian cuisine as a dip with fried snacks, for chaats and also to make Sandwiches. This chutney aids in good digestions and enhances the taste of any dish.
I usually make this Bombay Sandwich Chutney when I make the Bombay Veg Sandwich or Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich. Actually you will find this chutney at my home 365 days. 🙂 I make this chutney in bulk and store it in freezer. It stay fresh up to 3 months. I will share some tips and tricks to store this chutney. So keep reading.
The Chutney calls for Daliya Dal (Roasted Split Gram). You can substitute it with peanuts too. To make it bright green, the coriander leaves / cilantro should be fresh. Sometimes I add few spinach leaves too to make it more healthy and spinach also give nice green color.
Mumbai Vegetable Sandwich and Masala Toast Sandwich are incomplete without this green chutney. Many times, when I am hungry and there is nothing to eat, I just take a slice of bread and apply this chutney and munch it as a snack. 🙂
Fresh Cilantro / Coriander leaves – 1 big bunch, around 70 grams
Daliya dal / Roasted split gram – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Green chilies – 2 (Adjust it according to your spice level)
1. Take all the ingredients into blender jar and grind it until smooth.
2. Bombay Green Chutney is ready.
How to store Green Chutney?
1. Take Ice cube tray. Fill each cubes with chutney.
2. Put it into the freezer.
3. Keep it into freezer for 4 – 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes.
4. Take it out and Put each chutney cubes into Ziplock bags or airtight container.
5. Store it into a freezer. Whenever you want to use chutney, take it out and defrost it.
6. That’s it. Isn’t it very simple and easy!!!!!!
Bombay Sandwich Chutney
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro / Coriander leaves around 70 grams
- 3 tablespoon Daliya dal / Roasted split gram
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 Green chilies (Adjust it according to your spice level)
- Take all the ingredients in to blender jar and grind it until smooth.
- Bombay Green Chutney is ready.
How to store Green Chutney?Take Ice cube tray. Fill each cubes with chutney. Put it into the freezer. Keep it into freezer for 4 - 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes. Take it out and Put each chutney cubes into Zip lock bags or air tight container. Store it into freezer. Whenever you want to use chutney, take it out and defrost it. That's it. Isn't it very simple and easy!!!!!!
Pin It For Later –