Dosa is a fermented crepe or pancake made from rice batter and black lentils. It is a staple dish in South Indian states(South part of India), but popular in whole world. There are many kinds of Dosa like Masala Dosa, Plain Dosa, Jini Dosa….
Today I going to share Adai Dosa recipe with you. Adai is a Dosa-like dish prepared from combination of lentils. It’s very healthy. It is wholesome meal for kids and very crispy. You can eat it with various chutney like coconut chutney, Tomato chutney or onion chutney or just with pickle. It tastes so good that you will make it again and again.
Adai Dosa is perfect recipe on Jain Tithi days and in Paryushan Parva when green vegetables and root vegetables are not to be eaten. Dont add curry leaves if making on Tithi day or in Paryushan.
Tur dal – 1/4 cup
Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Rice – 1 cup
Curry leaves – 6
Dry Red Whole chilies – 3
Salt to taste
Pinch of asofoitida
Oil or ghee
1. Take a bowl and add Tur dal, Chana dal, Urad dal and Rice. Wash it properly and drain all the water.
2. Add curry leaves, chili, salt and asofoitida. Add 3 cups of water. Soak it overnight or atleast for 5 hours.
3. Blend the ingredients to make a smooth paste. (not very smooth, slightly coarse).
4. Heat a tava or griddle over a medium to high heat. Pour one big spoon(preferable round ladle) full of batter and spread it into a thin dosa.
5. Apply oil or ghee on sides of Adai Dosa.
6. Sprinkle cheese or any vegetable you like and cook it until golden brown from the bottom.
7. Roll Adai Dosa.
Serve Adai Dosa hot with Onion chutney.
Note : Use Idli rice for better taste. You can also use half cup boiled rice and half cup regular rice.