Chutneys are commonly made in every Indian Home. There are many varieties of chutneys. Out of different varieties, I have share Mint Coriander Chutney, Sweet chutney with chaat, Garlic chutney, Coconut chutney and Onion Chutney. Today I am going to share One more very famous chutney Sweet Spicy Tomato Chutney.
There are two types of Tomato Chutney, One is South Indian style which is not sweet and another, which is I am sharing today is Sweet, spicy and tangy in taste. it is full of flavors, easy to make and can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 weeks. You don’t require any preservatives in this chutney.
This Sweet Spicy Tomato Chutney pairs well with Paratha, Bread, Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, Vada, and chillas. You can serve this with Pakoras too. The best thing about this chutney is, it takes only a few minutes to make. All in all, This is a must try recipe.
Sweet And Spicy Tomato Chutney
- 250 grams Tomatoes chopped
- Salt to taste (add less)
- 2 to 3 Dry chilies
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Kalonji / Onion seeds
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Kalonji, dry red chilies, and Hing. Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped Tomatoes and salt. Mix well.
- Cover it and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now open the lid, add chili powder, sugar, and jaggery. Mix very well.
- Cover it again and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Open the lid and stir once. Again cover it and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes or until it thickens a little bit.
- That's it!! Sweet, Sour and Spicy Tomato Chutney is ready. Serve it with Paratha, Idli, Dosa, Pakora or use it as a spread.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
If your tomatoes are not sour, add 1 tsp Tamarind juice.
Pin It For Later –