Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing – A absolute Hands-down Best homemade salad dressing recipe. This Vegan salad dressing recipe has the right amount of tartness, sweetness and has rich flavors.
Homemade Salad Dressings.
There is something magical in making salad dressings at home.
I always prefer to make my dressings from scratch rather than buying from stores. They are super simple to make, comes together in minutes and much cheaper than the store-bought ones.
It also tastes delicious and helps to avoid preservatives and additives.
and the bonus part is, homemade dressings are easily customizable to your own tastes.
Here are some of my favorite salad dressing recipes.
You should give these a try. I promise that you’ll make over and over again!
So today, I am sharing my new family favorite dressing recipe – Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is so versatile. There are many ways to enjoy this dressing.
So I always keep a jar or two on hands for whenever the craving strikes.
When you are making this dressing, always Use good quality aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. The tantalizing flavors of any salad dressing are based on the good quality of ingredients.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients –
You will need very few ingredients
As I said, use a high-quality balsamic vinegar. Leek for aged balsamic, which will have deep fruity notes and woody flavors.
Extra virgin olive oil
Just like the balsamic vinegar use high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
The Dijon mustard will help the dressing to emulsify and adds very nice flavors. You can also use Vegan Mayonnaise instead of Dijon Mustard. (Forgot to shoe in the ingredient picture and in the video).
This balances the tartness of the vinegar. You can use Honey(If not making vegan) or agave too.
This is a must for the flavors.
I love herbs in my salad dressings. You can use basil, thyme or any herbs of your choice.
I love to use some dry herbs with the fresh herb in dressings. You can skip this too.
Salt and pepper.
How to make Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing?
Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake or whisk vigorously. That’s it!
To know if your vinaigrette is seasoned properly or not, just dip a piece of lettuce into the dressing and taste! It is the easiest way to know if the flavors are balanced or not.
The good part about this recipe is, you can make larger batches and keep it in the refrigerator for several weeks. Be sure to shake the vinaigrette before every use to blend the ingredients
Plus its perfect make-ahead recipe for parties or making them for a big crowd.
This dressing recipe is perfect for any type of salad that you throw together.
Our favorites are –
How would you serve this balsamic vinaigrette recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Do you want to make your salads sparkle?
Then you should try this dressing recipe.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup – Balsamic Vinegar.
- ⅓ cup – Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon – Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon – Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon – Garlic
- 1 teaspoon – Fresh Rosemary chopped
- ½ teaspoon – Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake or whisk vigorously. That's it! Your salad dressing is ready.
- To know if your vinaigrette is seasoned properly or not, just dip a piece of lettuce into the dressing and taste! It is the easiest way to know if the flavors are balanced or not.
- Use a high quality balsamic vinegar. Look for aged balsamic.
- Use high quality extra virgin olive oil.
- You can use Honey(If not making vegan) or agave too instead of Maple syrup.
- You can also use Vegan Mayonnaise instead of Dijon Mustard.
- Use your choice of herbs.
- You can refrigerate this dressing for several weeks.