Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Peanut Sauce – Made with Parsley, Peanut butter, Garlic, Lemon juice, Olive oil, Habanero and can be served as a dip, appetizer or as a salad dressing! It is Vegan and Gluten free.
This sauce is a kind that has you licking straight out of a bowl. It is the star of any dish you use be it a burger, wraps, pasta, rice or even as a dipping sauce. It tastes so delicious.
The preparation of red pepper sauce is pretty straight forward. it takes about 05 minutes to make, with less than 10 minutes of prep.
It is creamy, savory and subtly sweet.
How to make Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Peanut Sauce?
Making this spicy dipping sauce is very easy, takes only 5 minutes.
The first step is to roast a bell pepper
We love Roasted bell peppers. They are tender, smoky and delicious. There flavors and textures give a nice twist to a variety of dishes and sauce.
The process of roasting pepper on stove top pretty easy. You’ll never spend the money on that store bought jarred roasted peppers again.
Here is the step by step Process of Roasting the red pepper on the stove top.
- Apply some oil all over on red pepper.
- Place it on a stove top(use some roasting stand)
- Roast it from all the sides until charred from all the sides.
- Let it cool down completely then remove the skin. Chop it roughly.
Why peel and remove red pepper skin?
There are a couple of reasons.
- The texture of roasted pepper skin is pretty tough it doesn’t break down easily.
- It has very strong and bitter flavors that can end up overpowering everything else in the sauce.
When you’re all set just add the peppers, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, peanut butter, olive oil, and Habanero to a blender or food processor blend until smooth or mostly smooth – depending on how chunky you want your sauce.
Spicy Red Pepper Peanut Sauce is ready in no time. This sauce is very versatile and can be used with many dishes.
How to use this spicy red pepper sauce?
This Vegan sauce can be served with :
- Dip for crackers
- Drizzled on Nachos.
But my favorite way to consume is in Burger. This sauce is a really good and healthy sub for mayonnaise in burgers.
I am pretty sure you will love this recipe as much as we do. Give it a try…only a few minutes to make, half of the time spent in roasting the red pepper.
This recipe is kids friendly too, simply skip Habanero chili. It’s freezable and versatile.
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Peanut Sauce
- 1 big - Red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup - Peanut butter I have used salted
- 1 clove - Garlic
- ¼ cup - Olive oil
- regular oil for roasting bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 - Habanero Deseeded
- ¼ cup - Parsley
- 1 tablespoon - Lemon juice
- Take bell pepper. Apply lightly some oil on bell pepper
- Roast on a stove top until chard from every side. Let it cool down.
- Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and chop it.
- Take all the ingredients including roasted bell pepper in a blender jar.
- Blend them well. I prefer mine a little bit chunky.
- Spicy Roasted red pepper peanut sauce is ready. Use it in burgers, wrap, as a salad dressing or dip.
Here are the steps of Oven-roasted pepper.
- Preheat the oven to Broil on 500 degrees F.
- Cut the bell peppers and jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- Discard the seeds. Place red bell pepper, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Flatted the pepper halves with your hand.
- Broil for 10-12 minutes or until the red bell peppers are charred and blackened (just like Stovetop version).
- Remove from oven and instantly place only the red bell peppers in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel to seal.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. Once cool, remove and peel the outer skin off.
Pin it for later –
Some more Dipping Sauce Recipes From the blog –