African Peri Peri Sauce or Piri Piri Sauce is deeply Flavorful which is made with Spicy red chilies, lemons, garlic and red bell peppers with a couple of other ingredients.
This sauce is a must-have for spicy food lovers. It is the bomb and you should have it in your fridge.
You can make so many dishes with this homemade hot Sauce like peri peri grilled paneer, peri peri potato or Veggie burger with this hot Sauce.
I even marinate vegetables in this sauce for a barbeque. Very soon, I will share some of the recipes with you, I promise!!
The best way to use peri peri sauce is by marinating paneer with it and grilling in the oven or on a wood fire.
This sauce is pretty versatile and can be used as marination or dressing. It brings some zest and spice to the dish.
The key ingredient of this sauce is the African red chilies.
I couldn’t find the African red chilies 🙁
So I used Red Jalapenos which taste equally good. You can use Thai red chilies too. In short, you can use any red HOT chilies.
Peri-Peri Sauce is very simple to make, doesn’t require cooking at all. It requires just some ingredients and processing. It is an oil-based sauce.
This sauce stays well for a few months in the fridge. Once you have made this sauce you will find it hard not to crave it. 🙂
How to make Peri Peri Sauce?
1. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste.
2. Pour into a bottle and refrigerate – it’ll store for up to 6 weeks!
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 cup
- Grated Garlic - 3 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoon
- Red chili powder - 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Red sweet pepper/bell pepper / Capsicum - 1 big
- Halve Extra hot red jalapenos - 7 seeded
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Pour into a bottle and refrigerate - it'll store for up to 6 weeks!