Aloo Gobi with Coconut milk is restaurant style Aloo Gobi recipe. This recipe should have been one of my earlier posts. I wonder why I haven’t posted which is regular at home and my families favorite. I have made Aloo Gobi many different ways. But this one is my favorite recipe.
I am a potato lover. I have posted many sabzi recipes with potatoes and many more are coming. Check out
Apart from cauliflower and potato, ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, coconut milk is also added. And coconut milk is the hero. Please don’t skip coconut milk while making this recipe. You can use heavy cream, but try at least once with coconut milk. It gives nice aroma, creamy texture and taste.
This Aloo Gobi with Coconut Milk goes well with rotis, paratha or even with Naan. It is rich sabzi. You can consider making this sabzi for special or festive occasions, guests or parties. Overall this recipe os delicious, easy and is a keeper.
Video recipe of Aloo Gobi with Coconut Milk :
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/ZwvxF2lJQw0″]
Chopped Potato – 1 medium size, about a cup and half
Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Chopped tomatoes – 3 medium size
Ginger grated – 1 tsp
Garlic chopped – 1 tsp
Green chili chopped – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 4 to 5
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Red chili powder – 2 tsp (According to your spice level)
Coriander and cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Chopped Cilantro – 1/2 cup
2. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute it for few seconds.
3. Add onion. Saute it for few minutes or until slightly brown.
4. Now add tomatoes and salt. Mix well, cover it and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Stir once or twice in between.
5. Add potato and cauliflower florets. Add turmeric powder. Mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until veggies are tender over medium heat. Stir occasionaly.
7. Add coconut milk(mine was in the freezer thats why it looks more thick in video:) ). Mix.
8. Now ass chili powder, coriander and cumin powder, and garam masala. Mix well and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Switch off the flame and add cilantro. Stir well.
10. Delicious Aloo Gobi With Coconut Milk is ready. Enjoy with Roti, pickle, Paratha, Rice or with Naan also.
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]