Small baby potatoes, marinated with aromatic Indian spices in a yogurt base are then sautéed in a pan with lots of garlic and cumin seeds. Tawa aloo is a delicious garlic flavored and potato preparation which is surely appealing to every taste buds.
I love to try out different versions of Potato Curry to go with puri especially those that do not require too much work. One of them is Tawa Aloo.
Sharing one easy potato curry recipe which is made with very basic ingredients – Indian spices, yogurt, lots of garlic and baby potatoes.
This vegetarian Potato curry is very adaptable and you can vary the heat content and garlic as per your taste.
Tawa Aloo is the perfect and simple Potato curry recipe for Indian Lunch or dinner.
This aloo ki sabzi can be served with Puri, Roti, Phulka or naan. I prefer it with Masala Puri.
Who doesn’t love Puri Bhaji? In Fact, aloo or Potato based Curry with Pooris is very popular all over India.
Each region have their own take on aloo ki sabzi, like in Gujarat, We make Rasavalu Batata Nu Shaak with Puri.
I do indulge myself and my family to this delicious Tawa Aloo with Puri or naan every now and then.
This Indian Style Potato Curry is a simple recipe with a mix of fragrant spices. The only preparation work involved is boiling the potatoes and marinating the potatoes.
Once Potatoes are marinated well, in less than 5 minutes, you have simple yet flavorful aloo ki sabzi ready to be served with hot puri, naan, phulkas or rice.
Let me tell you that it is an addictively comforting meal!!
Don’t forget to check out my Dry Aloo Recipe, Chettinad Potato Fry recipe Here.
- 500 grams Boil and peel Small size Potato/Baby Potatoes
- 2 cups Yogurt/Dahi/curd Not too Sour
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Coriander and cumin powder/Dhana jeera powder 1 and 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder and 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Red chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Crushed or grated Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Besan / Chickpea Flour
- Chopped cilantro/coriander for garnishing
- First, let's prepare marination for potato. Take curd in a big bowl. Add Chickpea flour(besan), Garam masala, Salt, Coriander and cumin powder, Turmeric powder and Red chili powder. Mix it very well.
- Add potato, mix well and let it rest for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Add crushed garlic. Cook it for few seconds.
- Add marinated potatoes and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes over a medium heat. Stir it in between.
- Add chopped coriander/cilantro and mix it very well.
- Your Tawa aloo is ready. Enjoy with Paratha, Rice, Roti or Naan.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin It For Later –