Chhole Palak is another version of chhole recipe. Chhole Palak is made in North Indian style. This is very healthy recipe due to combination of spinach and chickpeas / chhole / garbanzo beans.
Palak / Spinach is High in Iron and also vitamin a, c and k, hence it is highly nutritious leafy vegetables. Palak / Spinach is my families favorite leafy vegetable. I have shared so many recipe made with palak like Spinach Soup, Dahiwale Palak paneer, Lasooni Palak Paneer, Methi palak Paratha, Palak Paneer paratha, Spinach and cheese manicotti.
ChickPeas / Garbanzo Beans / Chhole is also very nutritious. It is vegetarian friendly source of protein. It is rich source of dietary fiber. It also contains vitamins and minerals. I have shared recipe of Punjabi Chhole.
Soaked and Boiled Chickpeas / Chhole / Garbanzo Beans – 2 cups
Spinach / Palak – 3 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Chopped chilies – 1 tbsp
Tomato chopped – 1 cup
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Whole dry red chilies – 1
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Mango powder / Aamchur powder – 1 tsp
Chhole masala / Chana masala / 1 tbsp
Pinch of turmeric powder
Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp (Depending on how spicy your green chili is)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and chilies. Saute them for few seconds.
2. Add onion and tomatoes. Saute them for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are fully cooked.
3. Let this mixture cools down little bit. Blend this mixture into a blender. Keep it aside.
4. Boil 3 cups of water. Add spinach. Let the spinach boil for 3 minutes. Let it cool down a bit and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add cumin seeds and red chili. Let cumin seeds crackle. Add prepared tomato and onion based gravy. Mix well. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium to low heat.
6. Add salt, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder, turmeric powder and chhole masala. Stir well. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add spinach puree. Mix them very well. Cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add Boiled chhole / chickpeas. stir it very well. Add water if needed. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
9. Yummy Chhole palak is ready to serve. Serve Chhole Palak with Bhature and some onion slices. Enjoy!!!