I cannot live without pickles. I love all kind of pickles whether it is sweet or spicy. No matter the weather, Summer or Winter, I always have a big jar of pickle on my kitchen counter. I love to try a variety of Pickles. Last Sunday, We went to Derasar(Jain Temple). There I had Green Apple Pickle in lunch.
I tried to make it at home and extremely pleased with the results.
This is instant Gujarati style pickle. This Green Apple Pickle gets ready very easily with few and simple ingredients.
The juicy apples, loaded with the correct proportion of spices makes it an interesting substitute for raw mangoes.
The bright red color with a seasoning of crushed mustard seeds, crushed fenugreek seeds and spices makes it so eye-pleasing that I am tempted to have it each time I pass by the jar.
My son loves this pickle. This Green Apple Pickle stays fresh up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
Check out my Instant Mango Pickle recipe too.
How to make Green Apple Pickle?
Green Apple Pickle
- Chopped Granny Smith green Apple - 1 big 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Crushed fenugreek seeds / Methi na Kuria- 1/2 tbsp
- Crushed mustard seeds / Rai na Kuria- 1 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients very well.
- Green Apple Pickle is ready. 🙂
- Store it into the airtight container.