Mango Pickle refers to a variety of Pickles prepared using Raw Mango and some spices. Pickling process in India differs from state to state. Today I am going to share with you Gujarati style Mango Pickle Recipe. This is an instant version of Gujarati Mango Pickle.
I know I am late for the pickle. So I thought before the Mangoes completely disappear from the market, I should make Mango Pickle and post it also.
Raw Mangoes – 500 gm (Chopped into small square pieces)
Split Mustard seeds / Rai na kuria – 1/2 cup
Split fenugreek seeds / Methi na Kuria – 1 cup
Salt as per taste (Added 3 tbsp)
Red chili Powder – 4 tbsp (Adjust According to your spice level)
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 cups
1. Heat oil in a pan until it reaches its smoking point.
2. In another bowl, take all the ingredients, Split Mustard seeds / Rai na kuria, Split fenugreek seeds / Methi na Kuria, Salt, Turmeric powder, Asafoetida and Red chili Powder. Mix it very well.
3. Pour hot oil over the prepared masala mixture. Cover it immediately. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
4. Take Chopped mangoes in big mixing bowl. Add prepared mixture into the mangoes and mix them very well.
5. Place this pickle into the air tight glass jar. Keep them on your kitchen counter for 2 days or until the mangoes soften a bit and become tender. Stir the pickle every 12 hours with a spoon.
6. Once the Mango Pickle is ready, you can serve them. Store this pickle in cool and dry place. I store this pickle in my refrigerator. You can store this pickle for up to 6 to 7 months in the refrigerator.
7. Enjoy Instant Mango Pickle.