Fresh, the best, and versatile, this Raw Mango Chutney (kacche aam ki chutney is tangy and perfect condiment recipe. This green mango chutney aids digestion and enhances the taste, aroma, and nutrition of any dish.
This no-cook green chutney is a must-try recipe. This Indian condiment is the best sauce for dipping pakoras, samosa, kachori, or as a spread for your wraps/sandwiches or to drizzle over your favorite chaat recipes.
Indian food is incomplete without chutneys. Chutney is integral in Indian cuisine that it is relished with snacks, during lunch, and even for dinner.
There are so many varieties of chutney in Indian cuisine. One of them is Green Mango Chutney.
What is Green Mango Chutney?
Raw mango chutney is a flavorful condiment made with raw mangos (obviously!), cilantro, garlic, mint, and some spices.
Raw Mango Chutney is a must-try recipe when raw mangoes are in season. Raw mangoes are packed with minerals and vitamins and are good to beat the summer heat.
Green Chutney is not new to Indian households, yet it’s one of those recipes where every family has its recipe.
Today, I am sharing my MILs recipe. She makes the best raw mango chutney.
Kairi ki Chutney is quite healthy, it contains vitamin C which immunes us from many diseases.
It even helps us from sunstroke, and stomach-related disorders.
This green mango chutney
- vegetarian, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- Is ridiculously easy and extremely flavourful, spicy, and tangy.
- you can make it in bulk and freeze it. Yes, it stays perfectly good in the freezer for months. Is versatile
- flavors of this raw mango dip are so fresh and addictive that you will keep licking your fingers.
- A cool and refreshing hint of mint leaves, fresh aroma of green coriander leaves, the spiciness of green chilies, garlic, and roasted cumin zing is simply mind-blowing.
- Raw Mango – The hero ingredient of this recipe. Use war mango only.
- Cilantro – Also known as dhania (in Hindi) or Coriander. Use fresh green leaves, not yellow or wilted kind as they may turn the chutney bitter. You can also add the tender stems/stalk of cilantro.
- Mint – Same as cilantro, Use Fresh and clean mint leaves.
- Green Chili – I add 2 Thai green chilis to this chutney. But feel free to up the spice by adding more
- Garlic – The chutney tastes so good with the addition of just 2-3 cloves of garlic. 2 to 3 cloves are enough. Don’t add too much.
- Ginger – Similar to garlic, ginger gives a great flavor to the chutney.
- Roasted Cumin powder – This is a must-add to this chutney. You can use store-bought or homemade.
- Peanuts – Peanut gives a nutty taste and binds the chutney very well. You can use daily dal, cashew nuts, or almonds instead of peanuts.
- Salt and Sugar – Sugar balances the flavors in this chutney. You can use black salt or regular salt in this recipe.
How to make this chutney? Step by step process
Add all the ingredients(mint, cilantro, chopped raw mango, ginger, garlic cloves, roasted cumin seeds powder, green chili, sugar, and salt) in a blender and blend to make a smooth chutney.
Your Minty Raw Mango Chutney is ready.
Transfer this chutney to an Airtight container and store in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Tips and notes
- Always clean, and wash mango, cilantro, green chili, mint, and ginger well before making this recipe.
- Use unripe, raw mango ONLY for this recipe. A ripe mango will spoil the taste.
- Don’t add water while making chutney as it will dilute the flavors making it watery paste.
- If in case you need to add water in the chutney, start with 2 teaspoon of water only.
- The addition of little sugar will balance the tartness and spiciness perfectly. So don’t skip that.
- You can skip garlic with ginger if you won’t make it Jain.
- The number of green chilies can be adjusted as per your taste.
- Refrigerate the chutney in a clean airtight jar for easily up to a week or place it in an ice cube tray and freeze it in portions for few months.
- You can enjoy this green mango chutney for the whole year until next season by freezing it.
Let me show you how to store the chutney in the freezer for a longer period of time.
Tips for storing this mango chutney :
1. Take an Ice cube tray. Fill each cube with chutney.
2. Put it in the freezer.
3. Keep it in the freezer for 4 – 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes.
4. Take it out and Put each chutney cubes into Ziplock bags or airtight container.
This is a good time to try this Minty Raw Mango Chutney, with the abundance of raw mangos this time of the year. They are easily available everywhere at a very cheap rate.
More Indian Chutney recipes
Minty Raw Mango Chutney
- 1 ¼ cup – Raw Mango Chopped
- 1 ¼ cup – mint leaves (30 grams)
- 1¾ cups – Cilantro (50 grams)
- 2 – Green chili (Take spicy one)
- 1 inch – Ginger
- 4 big cloves – Garlic – Optional
- 1 teaspoon – Roasted Cumin seeds powder
- ¼ cup – Peanut –
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon – Sugar – Adjust according to the sourness of Raw mango
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a smooth chutney.
- Your Minty Raw Mango Chutney is ready.
- Transfer this chutney in an Airtight container and store in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Read the blog post for ingredients substitution.
- If you want to store this chutney for longer periods of time, I have shared detailed tips above in the blog post. Please have a look.
- In India, we get a little more sour mangos. Balance the sourness by adding sugar and other ingredients accordingly.
- This post is updated with some new pics and video.