Minty Raw Mango chutney – My most loved tangy Vegan dip/spread during the summer. It is a simple and delicious spread that is packed with tons of flavors and is perfect slathered onto just about anything and everything!
What is Minty Raw Mango Chutney?
Well, Minty Raw Mango Chutney is a spicy condiment, originating from Indian, which is made of herbs, some spices, and raw mango.
This chutney is
Easy to make
Has tons of flavors
and the most important is – SUPER delicious.
This simple recipe for Green Mango chutney calls for lots of cilantro, mint and Green raw mango.
How to make Raw Mango Chutney with mint?
The process of making mango chutney is very easy with a handful of ingredients.
It is Prepared by crushing and blending all the ingredients like raw mangoes, mint and coriander leaves with basic spices like salt and cumin seeds. Chili, garlic, and ginger are also added to balance the tangy taste.
I have added very little amount of Sugar too to make this Indian Chaat chutney. It really balances out the tanginess and spiciness.
Regular green chutney gets its tartness from lemons. Here, in this recipe, instead of lemons, raw mangoes give the chutney tart flavor and lovely texture.
Minty Raw Mango Chutney is quite healthy, it contains vitamin C which immunes us from diseases. It protects from indigestion related problems during summer.
The best thing about this recipe is you can store this chutney for up to 3 to 4 months in the freezer. It will remain as fresh and green as it is just made.
Let me show you how to store the chutney in the freezer for a longer period of time.
Tips for storing this mango chutney :
1. Take an Ice cube tray. Fill each cube with chutney.
2. Put it in the freezer.
3. Keep it in the freezer for 4 – 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes.
4. Take it out and Put each chutney cubes into Ziplock bags or airtight container.
This is a good time to try this Minty Raw Mango Chutney, with the abundance of raw mangos this time of the year. They are easily available everywhere at a very cheap rate.
If you try this recipe please leave feedback below in comment box. I would love to know how it turned out.
Minty Raw Mango Chutney
- 300 gram - mint leaves
- 1 full packed cup - Raw Mango Chopped
- 3 packed cups - Cilantro
- 2 - Green chili Take spicy one
- 1 inch - Ginger
- 4 big cloves - Garlic - Optional - for Jain, Omit this
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup - Peanut -
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Sugar - Adjust according to the sourness of Raw mango
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a smooth chutney.
- Your Minty Raw Mango Chutney is ready.
- Transfer this chutney in an Airtight container and store in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.