This Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe is quick, easy, comforting, hearty, savory, creamy, delicious, and perfect for weeknight Dinner.
These days, I love making Pasta recipes in my Instant Pot a lot. It makes life so easy, no boiling, no straining, nothing. If you are like me who love pasta but hate all those extra work, this recipe is for you.
This hot plate of Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff satisfies both Mushroom and Pasta cravings.
Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is that kind of a meal that is perfect for those days when you’d like to stay warm and cozy. This vegan mushroom stroganoff is ideal for chilly winter nights when all you want is a big bowl of a hot meal to warm you up!
This meal is hearty, satisfying, healthy and filling. I would say its perfect one-pot meal without too much work.
What is Stroganoff?
Stroganoff is a Russian dish traditionally centered made from beef that is cooked in sour cream and lots of butter-based sauce and served over egg noodles.
Stroganoff refers to the main ingredients(Mushroom here) being cooked in a creamy sauce. Therefore, you can technically have a stroganoff without pasta too. You can make it with white rice, brown rice or even with quinoa.
There are many different ways of making stroganoff.
Today I am veganizing this recipe and replacing beef with Mushrooms and egg noodles with regular pasta.
In this recipe, I didn’t want to use vegan sour cream or vegan cream cheese. However, I wanted to make a super easy recipe that wouldn’t even require a blender.
Ingredients required to make Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff.
In making mushroom stroganoff in an instant pot requires a handful of ingredients.
I have used extra virgin olive oil in this recipe because I like its nutty and strong flavor in stroganoff. But you may use any oil of your choice.
In this recipe, I have used grated garlic. But you may use minced or paste too.
Used baby Bella mushrooms, you may use any.
Vegetable Stock –
You may use water too if you don’t have vegetable stock in your pantry.
Used penne pasta, but you may use your choice of pasta
I love to Italian seasoning in my vegan stroganoff recipe. You may only use thyme too.
Salt and Pepper
Vegan Worcestershire sauce
A Little Worcestershire sauce adds umami flavor to this one-pot pasta dish. I found vegan Worcestershire sauce in my health food store – sprouts. The brand name is Annies. It is also available on Amazon. (Affiliate Link).
It adds savouriness, creaminess and cheesy flavor to this vegan stroganoff.
All-Purpose Flour –
Used to thicken stroganoff sauce.
You can use coconut milk instead of almond milk.
Lemon Juice –
To give little bit tang to this recipe.
Vegetarian or not, I promise this is a meal that everyone in your house is going to love!!
Some Delicious Mushroom Recipes On the blog –
Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 cup - chopped Onion
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 250 grams - Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 250 grams - Penne pasta
- 3 cups - Veggie Broth
- 1 tbsp - Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp - Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp - All purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp - Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp - Salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup - almond milk
- 1 tbsp - Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp - Olive oil
- Fresh Chopped Parsley to garnish
- Take a small mixing bowl. Add almond milk, all-purpose flour and Worcestershire sauce. Mix very well. Keep it aside.
- Turn on IP on normal saute mode.
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Now add sliced mushrooms and saute for a minute.
- Add Pasta, vegetable stock, salt, Pepper powder, Italian seasoning, and Nutritional Yeast.
- Stir well. Close the instant pot with locking lid.
- Turn off IP.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- When IP beeps and when you see LO:00 on display screen, turn off the IP and Quick release the pressure.
- Open Instant pot, Add prepared all-purpose flour and almond mixture, lemon juice and stir well.
- Turn on the IP on saute mode and cook for 2 minutes. If you want more sauce, add a little bit of stock. Turn off the Instant Pot.