Instant Pot Mushroom Masala Recipe is Easy Mushroom Gravy recipe that is very simple to make, hearty, its Vegan, Gluten free, soy free, Its restaurant style, can be nut free and tastes delicious with Roti, Chapathi or Jeera rice.
What to make with Mushrooms?
There are endless varieties you can make with mushroom – Mushroom pasta, cream of mushroom soup, mushroom fry, Mushroom capsicum, Matar mushroom, mushroom, and spinach curry, mushroom munchurian, Creamy garlic mushroom pasta, mushroom stroganoff, Mushroom Korama, Mushroom Risotto, Mushroom Masala Dosa etc.
In Indian Restaurant menu, there are few Vegetarian Mushroom Recipes which I love are Kadai Mushroom, Mushroom butter masala, Pepper Mushroom, and Mushroom Masala.
What is Mushroom Masala / Mushroom Masala Curry / Mushroom Masala Gravy / Mushroom Gravy?
Mushroom Masala is a classic Indian dish that is comforting, with full of flavors and warming. It is a simple, easy and effortless recipe with Indian Spices and Tomato onion based gravy. It is perfect as a side dish with Jeera rice, Chapathi or Roti. Best of all, it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish.
It is full of flavors, healthy, very impressive dish to serve the guest, for a big party or as a family meal.
How to make Instant Pot Mushroom Masala?
If you like easy Mushroom dishes, then this is for you. The recipe is pretty simple. The sauce I have used is blender sauce because it’s super easy and quick. Because every day, No one has time to chop and mince, onion, garlic, ginger, and tomato. Take some oil, add jeera, onion tomato based puree, saute for few minutes. Then add Indian spices, Washed and cleaned mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Then add cashew paste, stir and Its ready!! It is very versatile as well. You can add Matar, Chickpeas or spinach too.
If you want to make Mushroom masala without tomatoes, don’t add tomatoes while making puree for sauce. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice at the end. It will be dry Mushroom masala.
I am going to share 2 ways of making this Mushroom Masala Curry, One in Instant Pot / Pressure cooker and second In a pan.
Some tips for a Perfect Restaurant Style mushroom Masala Recipe.
- Wash, clean and completely dry your mushrooms well before cooking.
- To keep the mushroom gravy thick and creamy, don’t add water.
- If you have a nut allergy or want to make Mushroom masala with coconut milk, add store-bought or homemade coconut milk instead of cashew paste.
- You can use any type of Mushrooms, But I prefer Baby Bella and button mushrooms.
Don’t Forget to check out my other Vegetarian Instant Pot recipes –
Instant Pot Mushroom Masala | Restaurant style Mushroom Masala recipe
- 340 grams / 12 oz - Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 cup - roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup - roughly chopped onion
- 4 cloves - garlic
- 2 inch - Ginger
- 15 - cashew
- 1 tsp - cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
- 3/4 tbsp - Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp - Cumin powder
- 1 tsp - coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp - garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- Quickly wash Mushrooms with cold water and completely dry them with a towel. Chop them into big slices and keep it aside.
- In a blender jar, Take cashews and little bit water. Blend it well and make a smooth paste. Take it out in a cup and keep it aside.
- In the same blender jar, take Onion, Ginger, garlic, and tomatoes. Blend it well and keep it aside.
- Now, turn on Instant pot on sauce mode.
- heat oil, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add prepared Tomato onion puree. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add sliced mushrooms, stir and close the lid.
- Turn off saute mode Of your Instant Pot.
- Press the Manual button. Set the time for 5 minutes under high pressure with pressure valve set to sealing.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Release the pressure after 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, add cashew paste and mix very well.
- Mushroom Masala in Instant Pot is ready. Garnish it with some more cashew cream and some cilantro.
Mushroom Masala Stove top version.
- Follow 1 to 3 steps mentioned in Instant pot version.
- Now heat oil in a pan and follow 5 to 8 steps.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender but not mushy over medium to high heat.
- Open the lid, add cashew paste and give it a good mix.
- Mushroom masala on stove top is ready.
- Garnish it with cream and cilantro.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin it for Later –