Blackberry Lemonade Syrup – A kids friendly, simple and easy to make lemonade syrup recipe that’s perfect for spring or summer. It has a tang, a little bit sweetness and refreshing flavor. Perfect Non-alcoholic drink recipe for any party!
Last week, I spotted Blackberry at my store at a very cheap rate, around $0.77 Per pint. Great deal right! So I grabbed 5 pints to make delicious recipes from it.
I love homemade Lemonades. it beats the store bought version any time! The best thing that I love the most about making lemonades at home, is that you can control the amount of tartness, sweetness and adjust it according to your choice.
Just like my Lemonade syrup recipe, cherry cooler, and Strawberry Lemonade, this one is also easy to make. I gave little bit Indian twist to this lemonade syrup by adding Black salt, black pepper powder, and cumin powder.
This recipe is very similar to a cherry cooler. The only difference in cherry drink, I made it in traditional pressure cooker whereas, in this Blackberry Lemonade Syrup recipe, I have used Instant Pot. Everything else is the same.
Ingredients required to make Blackberry Lemonade Syrup –
This recipe requires very few Ingredients.
Get good quality blackberries. It should be deep purple to black and should not have any green or white parches. Blackberries should be moderately firm, plump and dry with uniform color.
I have used granulated sugar. You may use powdered sugar too.
Lemon Juice –
It acts as a preservative.
Black salt –
Black salt has a savory, umami taste. Black salt is easily available at Indian Grocery store. By any reason, if you couldn’t find it, you may use pink salt or regular salt too.
Roasted Cumin Powder –
I love roasted cumin seeds nutty, slightly earthy and pungent aroma in this drink. It easily available in any grocery store.
Black pepper powder –
Black pepper powder little bit punch to this drink.
How to make Blackberry Lemonade Syrup in Instant Pot?
You’ll start by making a blackberry syrup by adding all the ingredients in the inner pot of instant pot. Pressure cook it for 6 minutes under high pressure followed by quick release. Open the lid and blend well with an immersion blender, sieve the syrup to get rid of all the seeds.
Then let it cool down completely, take blackberry syrup in a clean jar, cover it and refrigerate it. It stays fresh for up to 6 months.
Whenever you are ready to serve, take around 3 tbsp of blackberry syrup, some ice cubes and sparkling water or club soda, garnish it with some mint leaves and Enjoy!!
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Can I adjust the sweetness in this Blackberry Lemonade Syrup?
Absolutely! Depending on the tartness of berries, you need to adjust the sugar. If you have pretty tart or less flavorful blackberries you’ll want to use more sugar. If you have sweeter blackberries, you may want to reduce the sugar.
Can I use Frozen Blackberries?
Yes, you can use frozen blackberries for this homemade lemonade. Just make sure they are completely thawed and properly measured before using them.
This Instant Pot blackberry Lemonade is refreshing to drink recipe that’s sure to cool you down on a hot day! Do give this a try. You’ll Love it!
Blackberry Lemonade Syrup
- 18 oz. - Blackberries
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1 cup - water
- 2 tsp - Black salt You can use any salt
- 1 cup - Sugar - According to the tartness of blackberries
- 1- tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup - Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Ice cubes
- Water or plain soda or sparkling water
- Some Mint leaves
Instant Pot Method.
- Take all the ingredients(Except mint leaves, Soda and ice cubes) in the inner pot of the Instant pot.
- Cover it with locking lid, vent in sealing position.
- Pressure cook it under high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid. With the help of immersion blender, blend the cooked mixture.
- Sieve it with the soup strainer.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Take it in to clean and dry jar, cover it and refrigerate it.
- When you are ready to serve, take a glass, add ice cubes, some mint leaves, 2 tbsp(Or more) blackberry syrup, add Sparkling water or soda, stir and enjoy!
Stove Top Method
- Add all the ingredients in a heavy bottom pan.
- Cover it and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add water in between if needed.
- Follow the rest of the process mentioned above in the Instant pot method.
Pin It For Later –