Instant Pot Stuffed Eggplant Potato Curry / Stuffed Aloo Baingan In Pressure Cooker – Simple Flavorful curry that is made in one pot – Instant Pot / Pressure cooker. Pair it with Rice, Roti, naan, Bajri rotla or any Indian Flatbread and you have a completely delicious meal ready on the table under 30 minutes. This recipe is Vegan And Gluten-free.
Gujarati Style Stuffed eggplant potato curry is a staple in my house. My family loves this as it has lots of flavor and texture.
Where does this dish come from?
This Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipe is a traditional Gujarati recipe, called Bharela Ringana Batata Nu Shaak which means Stuffed Eggplant Potato Curry.
It is not just only bursting with flavors but is a very nutritious and delicious meal itself.
Out of all eggplant recipe, this aubergine curry recipe is my most favorite.
Why I Love this Instant Pot Stuffed Eggplant Potato Curry so much?
- It is incredibly easy to make.
- Gets done in less than 30 minutes.
- It’s flavorful and exotic.
- Easy one pot meal for busy days
- Simple and easy.
Ingredients used to make this Instant Pot Eggplant Potato recipe.
This Gujarati eggplant and potato curry recipe is made with Chick flour, spices, Peanuts, garlic and lots of cilantro.
Chick flour is used as a ticking agent in this recipe and it gives a body to this curry.
I have used crushed peanut in this recipe. It is one of the main ingredients to make this recipe. It gives a nice crunch and texture.
Stuffed Eggplant potato curry requires very basic Indian spices like Red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt, just like most Indian curry recipe requires.
Use a good amount of garlic to make it flavorful. If you are making this no onion no garlic, simply skip the garlic.
Usually, small onions are used to make this Gujarati recipe. But I have used regular onions as I didn’t have small onions in hand. If you have small / Pearl onions in your pantry, I highly recommend you to use that. Skip onion if making this curry no onion no garlic.
Eggplant / Ringana / aubergine.
Use a small variety of eggplant. You will easily get it from Indian store.
Cilantro / Dhaniya
This recipe requires lots of Cilantro and gives so much flavor to the dish.
Tomatoes for sourness.
Let’s start making this exotic curry recipe.
Instant Pot Stuffed eggplant potato curry
- 450 grams - Baby Eggplant/Baingan
- 450 grams - baby potatoes
- 1 cup - sliced onion
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- 2 cups - Water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp - chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp - coriander powder
- 1 tbsp - cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Red chili powder Use according to your spice level
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp - Garam Masala
- 1 cup - crushed peanut
- 2 tsp - grated garlic
- 1 1/2 cup - chopped cilantro
- Gather all the stuffing ingredients in a big mixing bowl and mix them well. keep it aside.
Let's make curry
- Wash and wipe eggplant well. Slit the Baingan/eggplant in the center to make a cross mark that divides each into 4 parts joined at the stem. (See video for a better idea).
- Peel off the baby potatoes skin. Make a slit in the center just like the eggplant.
- Now stuff eggplant and potatoes with prepared stuffing masala using your fingers and thumbs.
- Turn on the Instant Pot on saute mode.
- Heat oil, add onions and saute for a minute.
- Now add stuffed baby eggplants and potatoes, stir well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, remaining stuffing masala (if any leftover) and water.
- Cover instant pot with locking lid.
- Turn off your instant pot from saute mode.
- Press the manual button and set the instant pot for 5 minutes under high pressure, vent on sealing position.
- Once Instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure..
- Open the lid and gently stir once. You can adjust the gravy consistency by adding more water.
- Instant Pot Stuffed Eggplant Potato Curry is ready. Serve it hot with Roti, Naan, Rice or Phulka.