These Delicious Apple Pie Enchiladas are a perfect dessert to make for the parties or gatherings. This is also a great way to use up any leftover tortillas you may have!
I love Enchiladas and Quesadillas. I have already shared a recipe of Roasted Veggie enchilada and Beans and cheese enchiladas. I always wanted to try the sweet version of Enchilada. Problem was, we don’t eat too much sweet dishes.
This week, we invited our friends for dinner and I had some leftover tortillas that were reaching their expiration date. So thought let’s make Apple Pie Enchiladas. They Loved this dessert and us too.
For this apple dessert, I made my Apple Pie Filling from scratch but you may use store-bought as well. If you have time, I’d highly recommend making your own. It’s so delish!
So much flavorful than the canned stuff.
We had a gala apple so used that. But if you have Granny Smith apples, please use them.
They are tarter and they hold their shape and don’t become mushy when cooked.
This Apple Pie Enchilada recipe is really straightforward apple dessert that is simply divine!
It’s like Pie in a wrap. We served this dessert with Caramel sauce, ice cream or with whipped cream.
Couple of Apple recipes –
Have you tried this Instant Pot Arroz Verde (Green Rice) Recipe? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Apple Pie Enchilada
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White sugar
For Apple Pie filling
- 3 Apples
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoon Corn starch/ corn flour
- ⅛ teaspoon Orange zest
- 5 Flour Tortillas
- Cinnamon powder
- Ice cream of your choice for serving
- Caramel sauce Optional
- Some crushed Nuts for garnishing
- Whipped cream Optional for serving
For Apple Pie Filling
- Take apples in a pan. Add lemon juice and sugar. Stir well. Add orange zest and cinnamon powder. Stir well and cook it for 3 minutes
- Add corn starch, mix and cook it for another 2 minutes. Your Apple filling is ready. Keep it aside.
- Take all the syrup ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook them for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir continuously. Keep it aside.
Lets assemble them
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F. Butter a baking pan.
- Take each tortilla and fill it with a some apple filling mixture.
- Roll them up and place them on the baking pan with the seam side down.
- Pour the syrup over the enchiladas. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Bake them into a preheated oven, @350 degree F, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown in color.
- Apple Pie Enchiladas are ready. Drizzle some caramel sauce or chocolate sauce. Serve them warm with some Ice cream or With some Whipped cream. Enjoy!! 🙂
Pin It For Later –