Aam Ki Launji / Raw Mango Chutney recipe is a tangy way to beat the heat. This is a pickle type Rajasthani Chutney made by cooking raw mango pieces with some spices and jaggery. The spices gives a nice aroma while chili powder and jaggery gives its hot and sweet flavors.
Making Aam ki Laungi is very easy and super tasty chutney recipe. This can be made under 15 minutes. It is super healthy chutney. As soon as Summer starts and raw mangos are available in the market, I get a big batch and make this Aam Ki Launji to enjoy for few months. It can be preserved for up to 3 months in the refrigerator. Mangoes not only help in reducing cholesterol but they are also good for eyes and skin . Mangoes increase our immunity and helps in digestions process.
You can have this with Paratha, roti or spread it on a slice of bread. Give this Chutney to your kids for the school lunch box along with paratha. They will surly relish it.
Yields 1 cup
Raw mango chopped in to small pieces – 300 grams
Oil – 2 tbsp
Hing – 1/4 tsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Water – 200 ml
Crumbled Jaggery – 3/4 cup (Adjust according to the sourness of raw mangos)
Kalonji / Nigella seeds – 1 tsp
Video Recipe of Making Aam Ki Launji
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/Pp1KlDeuIF0″]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Saunf, hing and kalonji. Saute for few seconds.
2. Add chopped raw mangoes. Season it with salt and red chili powder. Mix very well.
3. Add water, mix, cover the pan and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat or until mangos are soften. Don’t over cook it.
4. Now add jaggery. Mix well. Cover it again and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Aam Ki Launji / Raw mango Chutney is ready. Let it cool down and put it into air tight jar. Keep this refrigerated. Enjoy this sweet and sour chutney with your meal.