Pasta E Fagioli is a classic Italian bean and pasta soup. This soup is super easy, no-fuss recipe that is wonderfully hearty and comforting.
I know I should be posting about Ice cream and refreshing summery drinks this time of the year but even in 105 degree weather, I still need a bowl of soup, especially if its delicious, hearty and my all time favorite soup!
This soup is so easy to make. All we need is prep work for soaking the beans. Thats it! Best of all, this recipe is enough to feed an army, so its perfect for parties. I didn’t add any veggies. You can use your choice of veggies to make it wholesome and healthy. I have used Great Northern Beans. You may use Cannellini or your choice of beans. Use your choice of pasta.
Serves – 7 to 8 people
Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Chopped celery – 1/2 cup
Great Northern beans – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Diced canned tomatoes – 1 can (or use 3 medium size chopped fresh tomatoes)
Pasta of your choice – 1 cup
Water – 1 ltr
Fresh chopped Basil leaves – 1/4 cup
Italian seasoning – 2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Cheese for garnishing (Avoid if making it vegan)
Video recipe of Pasta E Fagioli
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/EGnGf1hbV0s”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Soak Beans for at least 4 to 5 hours in water. Pressure cook it until tender (Take around 3 to 4 whistle). You may use canned beans too.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute Garlic, onion and celery stick.
3. Add boiled beans, canned diced tomatoes and salt. Mix well. Cover it and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add water, Italian seasoning and black pepper powder. Mix well. Cover it and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add uncooked pasta and let it cook for another 10 minutes or until the pastas are cooked over medium heat.
6. Add chopped basil leaves, stir, Check the seasoning (Add chili flacks if you want it little bit spicy) and switch off the flame. keep it little bit watery if you are going to eat it after few hours as pasta and beans will soak the water.
7. Pasta E Fagioli is ready. Sprinkle some cheese if you wish too. Enjoy!!